The Effects of European Structural Funds in the Spanish Regions Using CGE Models: a review
This paper reviews the few regional studies on the impact of European Structural funds in Spain using Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Models. While the models in these studies are widely used to evaluate the effects of very different public policies, they rarely have been used to quantify the impact of the Structural funds. In the pioneer papers elaborated for Madrid and Andalusia, the effects of the funds have been simulated through an exogenous change of final demand. I suggest avoiding any accounting of exogenous shocks in final demand of non-affected sectors by more-realistically splitting investment into various capital goods and evaluating the short-run effects of increasing investment in them.
Volume (Year): (2014)
Issue (Month): 29 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Viladomat, 321 entresuelo - 08029 Barcelona, Teléfono y Fax: + 34 933101112, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.aecr.org, Web Investigaciones Regionales: www.investigacionesregionales.org|
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jose-Ramon Monrobel & Angeles Camara & Miguel-Angel Marcos, 2013. "Modelling European Regional Policy 2007--2013: Applied General Equilibrium Analysis of the Economic Impact on the Madrid Region," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 264-280, February.
- Álvarez-Martínez, María Teresa & Polo, Clemente, 2012. "A general equilibrium assessment of external and domestic shocks in Spain," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2486-2493.
- Mohl, P. & Hagen, T., 2010. "Do EU structural funds promote regional growth? New evidence from various panel data approaches," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 353-365, September.
- M. Alejandro Cardenete & M. Carmen Delgado & M. Carmen Lima, 2014. "The Structural Funds in Andalusia for the Programming Period 2014--2020: Time for Tightening Belts," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 563-586, March.
- Clemente Polo & Elisabeth Valle, 2008. "A General Equilibrium Assessment of the Impact of a Fall in Tourism Under Alternative Closure Rules: the Case of the Balearic Islands," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 31(1), pages 3-34, January.
- Simón Sosvilla-Rivero & José A. Herce, "undated". "Efectos de las ayudas europeas sobre la economía madrileña, 1990-2006: Un análisis basado en el modelo Hermin," Working Papers 2003-29, FEDEA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo-Ortíz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.