Creative industries in Spain: a first view
Creativity is the ability to generate something new, merging data,perceptions and matters in order to produce new and useful things. About 22% ofthe Spanish employees belong to the «creative class» and about 5.7% of the productioncomes from the «creative industries». Despite these data, the general researchfocusing on the creative economy in Spain is poor. The aim of this article is to fillthis space by providing a general view of the creative economy in Spain, focusedon the «creative industries». The article introduces the basic theoretical aspects, themeasurement of creativity, compared data about production, employment and thelocation of creative industries, as well as the discussion about policy.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 22 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- García Gracia, Mª Isabel. & Zofío Prieto, José Luis & Herrarte Sánchez, Ainhoa & Moral Carcedo, Julian, 2009. "La aportación económica de la industria de la cultura y el ocio en España/," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 27, pages 63-88, Abril.
- S.K. Dube & U.C. Mohanty, 2004. "Editorial," Natural Hazards, International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 31(2), pages 317-317, February.
- Rafael Boix Domenech & Luciana Lazzeretti & JosÃ© Luis HervÃ s Oliver & Blanca De Miguel Molina & Borja Trujillo Ruiz, 2011. "Creative clusters in Europe: a microdata approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p471, European Regional Science Association.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2008. "Do Creative Industries Cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy and Spain," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 549-567.
- Ann Markusen & Gregory H. Wassall & Douglas DeNatale & Randy Cohen, 2008. "Defining the Creative Economy: Industry and Occupational Approaches," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 22(1), pages 24-45, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0026. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo Ortíz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.