The Interval Effect in Estimating Beta: Empirical Evidence from the Romanian Stock Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan Bartholdy & Dennis Olson & Paula Peare, 2007.
"Conducting Event Studies on a Small Stock Exchange,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 227-252.
- Bartholdy, Jan & Olson, Dennis & Peare, Paula, 2006. "Conducting event studies on a small stock exchange," Finance Research Group Working Papers F-2006-03, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Alexandros E. Milionis & Dimitra K. Patsouri, 2011. "A conditional CAPM; implications for the estimation of systematic risk," Working Papers 131, Bank of Greece.
- Hawawini, Gabriel, 1983. "Why beta shifts as the return interval changes," MPRA Paper 44893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hawawini, Gabriel & Cohen, Kalman & Maier, Steven & Schwartz, Robert & Whitcomb, David, 1980. "Implications of microstructure theory for empirical research in stock price behavior," MPRA Paper 33976, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brailsford, Timothy J. & Josev, Thomas, 1997. "The impact of the return interval on the estimation of systematic risk," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 357-376, July.
- Banz, Rolf W., 1981. "The relationship between return and market value of common stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-18, March.
- Handa, Puneet & Kothari, S. P. & Wasley, Charles, 1989. "The relation between the return interval and betas : Implications for the size effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 79-100, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Alexandros Milionis, 2011. "A conditional CAPM: implications for systematic risk estimation," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 306-314, August.
- Cohen, Kalman J, et al, 1980. " Implications of Microstructure Theory for Empirical Research on Stock Price Behavior," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 249-257, May.
- Jiri Novak & Dalibor Petr, 2010. "CAPM Beta, Size, Book-to-Market, and Momentum in Realized Stock Returns," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 60(5), pages 447-460, December.
- Cohen, Kalman J. & Hawawini, Gabriel A. & Maier, Steven F. & Schwartz, Robert A. & Whitcomb, David K., 1983. "Friction in the trading process and the estimation of systematic risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 263-278, August.
- Handa, Puneet & Kothari, S P & Wasley, Charles, 1993. " Sensitivity of Multivariate Tests of the Capital Asset-Pricing Model to the Return Measurement Interval," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1543-1551, September.
- Bartholdy, Jan & Peare, Paula, 2005. "Estimation of expected return: CAPM vs. Fama and French," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 407-427.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:07:y:2015:i:2:p:016-025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatu Lucian). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.