Estimation of expected return: CAPM vs. Fama and French
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Bartholdy, Jan & Peare, Paula, 2003. "Unbiased estimation of expected return using CAPM," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 69-81.
- Fama, Eugene F. & MacBeth, James D., 1974. "Tests of the multiperiod two-parameter model," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 43-66, May.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "Betas and Their Regression Tendencies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 785-795, June.
- Hawawini, Gabriel, 1983. "Why beta shifts as the return interval changes," MPRA Paper 44893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R., 2001. "The theory and practice of corporate finance: evidence from the field," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 187-243, May.
- Klemkosky, Robert C & Martin, John D, 1975. "The Adjustment of Beta Forecasts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1123-1128, September.
- Banz, Rolf W., 1981. "The relationship between return and market value of common stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-18, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pasaribu, Rowland Bismark Fernando, 2010.
"Pemilihan Model Asset Pricing
[Asset pricing model selection: Indonesian Stock Exchange]," MPRA Paper 36978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paulo Alves, 2013.
"The Fama French Model or the Capital Asset Pricing Model: International Evidence,"
The International Journal of Business and Finance Research,
The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 7(2), pages 79-89.
- Alves, Paulo, 2013. "The Fama French Model or the capital asset pricing model: international evidence," MPRA Paper 51434, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad, 2015. "Multiscale Systematic Risk: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(12), pages 605-615, December.
- Boyle, Glenn & Irwin, Tim, 2005. "Techniques for Estimating the Fiscal Costs and Risks of Long-term Output-based Payments," Working Paper Series 3857, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Jiri NOVAK, 2014. "Does Stock Liquidity Explain the Premium for Stock Price Momentum?," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 64(1), pages 79-95, February.
- Amanda L. Coxbill & Lee W. Sanning & Sherrill Shaffer, 2009. "Market Reaction To The Announcement Of A Male-To-Female Ceo Turnover," CAMA Working Papers 2009-13, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Zakaria, Muhammad & Raza, Naveed, 2014. "Sensitivity Analysis of CAPM Estimates: Data Frequency and Time Frame," MPRA Paper 60110, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jiri Novak, 2015. "Systematic Risk Changes, Negative Realized Excess Returns and Time-Varying CAPM Beta," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 65(2), pages 167-190, April.
- Periklis Gogas & Theofilos Papadimitriou & Dimitrios Karagkiozis, 2018. "The Fama 3 and Fama 5 factor models under a machine learning framework," Working Paper series 18-05, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Duc Hong Vo & Thach Ngoc Pham, 2017. "Systematic Risk in Energy Businesses: Empirical Evidence for the ASEAN," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 553-565.
- Md Isa, Abu Hassan & Puah, Chin-Hong & Yong, Ying-Kiu, 2008. "Risk and return nexus in Malaysian stock market: Empirical evidence from CAPM," MPRA Paper 12355, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grout, Paul A. & Zalewska, Anna, 2016. "Stock market risk in the financial crisis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 326-345.
- Johannes Paha, 2012.
"Using accounting data in cartel damage calculations: blessing or menace?,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 241-263, October.
- Johannes Paha, 2009. "Using Accounting Data in Cartel Damage Calculations – Blessing or Menace?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200929, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Dragos Stefan Oprea, 2015. "The Interval Effect in Estimating Beta: Empirical Evidence from the Romanian Stock Market," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 7(2), pages 016-025, December.
- Chan, Chia Ying & Lo, Huai-Chun & Yang, Ming Jing, 2016. "The revision frequency of earnings forecasts and firm characteristics," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 116-132.
- Florian Mueller, 2014. "Portfolio Performance Implications of Environmental, Social and Governance based Asset Selection," Working Papers 2014-02, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- repec:eco:journ2:2017-06-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smimou, K. & Bector, C.R. & Jacoby, G., 2007. "A subjective assessment of approximate probabilities with a portfolio application," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 134-160, June.
- Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Saniya Khalid & Saba Ameer, 2016. "CAPM estimates: Can data frequency and time period lend a hand?," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(02), pages 1-12, June.
- Guermat, Cherif & Freeman, Mark C., 2010. "A net beta test of asset pricing models," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-9, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:14:y:2005:i:4:p:407-427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.