Social Security with Uninsurable Income Risk and Endogenous Borrowing Constraints
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Dean Corbae & Makoto Nakajima & José-Víctor Ríos-Rull, 2007.
"A Quantitative Theory of Unsecured Consumer Credit with Risk of Default,"
Econometric Society, vol. 75(6), pages 1525-1589, November.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Dean Corbae & Makoto Nakajima & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 2002. "A Quantitative Theory of Unsecured Consumer Credit with Risk of Default," Centro de Altisimos Estudios Rios Pe©rez(CAERP) 2, Centro de Altisimos Estudios Rios Perez (CAERP).
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Dean Corbae & Makoto Nakajima & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 2007. "A quantitative theory of unsecured consumer credit with risk of default," Working Papers 07-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Dirk Krueger & Fabrizio Perri, 1999.
"Risk Sharing: Private Insurance Markets or Redistributive Taxes?,"
99-04, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Dirk Krueger & Fabrizio Perri, 1999. "Risk sharing: private insurance markets or redistributive taxes?," Staff Report 262, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hansen, G D, 1993.
"The Cyclical and Secular Behaviour of the Labour Input: Comparing Efficiency Units and Hours Worked,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 71-80, Jan.-Marc.
- Hansen, G.D., 1991. "The Cyclical and Secular Behavior of the Labor Input : Comparing Efficiency Units and Hours Worked," Papers 36, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Luisa Fuster, 1999.
"Is Altruism Important for Understanding the Long-Run Effects of Social Security?,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 2(3), pages 616-637, July.
- Luisa Fuster, 1997. "Is altruism important for understanding the long-run effects of social security?," Economics Working Papers 234, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Fernando Alvarez & Urban J. Jermann, 2000. "Efficiency, Equilibrium, and Asset Pricing with Risk of Default," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 775-798, July.
- Juan C. Conesa & Dirk Krueger, 1999. "Social Security Reform with Heterogeneous Agents," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 2(4), pages 757-795, October.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & David K. Levine, 1993. "Debt-Constrained Asset Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 865-888.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1994. "Uninsured Idiosyncratic Risk and Aggregate Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 659-684.
- Andrea Butelmann P & Francisco Gallego, 2000.
"Household Saving in Chile: Microeconomic Evidence,"
Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy),
Central Bank of Chile, vol. 3(1), pages 5-24, April.
- Butelmann, A. & Gallego, F., 2000. "Household Saving in Chile: Microeconomic Evidence," Papers 63, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- Andrea Butelmann & Francisco Gallego, 2000. "Household Saving in Chile: Microeconomic Evidence," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 63, Central Bank of Chile.
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Krueger, Dirk, 2011.
"Consumption And Saving Over The Life Cycle: How Important Are Consumer Durables?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(05), pages 725-770, November.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Dirk Krueger, 2004. "Consumption and Saving over the Life Cycle: How Important are Consumer Durables?," 2004 Meeting Papers 357b, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Storesletten, Kjetil & Telmer, Chris I. & Yaron, Amir, 1999.
"The risk-sharing implications of alternative social security arrangements,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 213-259, June.
- Kjetil Storesletten & Chris Telmer & Amir Yaron, 1998. "The risk sharing implications of alternative social security arrangements," GSIA Working Papers 252, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Tauchen, George, 1986. "Finite state markov-chain approximations to univariate and vector autoregressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 177-181.
- Huggett, Mark, 1993. "The risk-free rate in heterogeneous-agent incomplete-insurance economies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(5-6), pages 953-969.
- Imrohoroglu, Ayse & Imrohoroglu, Selahattin & Joines, Douglas H, 1995. "A Life Cycle Analysis of Social Security," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 6(1), pages 83-114, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & Marcelo Rodrigues dos Santos, 2013.
"The Effect of Social Security, Health, Demography and Technology on Retirement,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(2), pages 350-370, April.
- Marcelo Santos & Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira, 2011. "The Effect of Social Security, Health, Demography and Technology on Retirement," 2011 Meeting Papers 903, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ferreiray, Pedro Cavalcanti & Santos, Marcelo Rodrigues, 2012. "The Effect of Social Security, Health, Demography and Technology on Retirement," Insper Working Papers wpe_274, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Santos, Marcelo Rodrigues dos, 2012. "The effect of social security, health, demography and technology on retirement," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 727, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Röhrs, Sigrid & Winter, Christoph, 2015.
"Public versus private provision of liquidity: Is there a trade-off?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 314-339.
- Winter, Christoph & Röhrs, Sigrid, 2014. "Public versus Private Provision of Liquidity: Is There a Trade-Off?," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100419, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Andolfatto, David & Gervais, Martin, 2008. "Endogenous debt constraints in a life-cycle model with an application to social security," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 3745-3759, December.
- Yang, Fang, 2013.
"Social security reform with impure intergenerational altruism,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 52-67.
- Fang Yang, 2012. "Social Security Reform with Impure Intergenerational Altruism," Discussion Papers 12-01, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial security; Incomplete markets; Endogenous borrowing constraints; Heterogeneous agents; Equilibrium default;
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:issued:05-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.