A New Appraisal Of The Relationship Between Economic Growth And The Economic Structure
A country’s potential for economic growth and its propensity for business development have long been associated with economic reshaping or restructuring. The numerous interdependencies that may exist between these phenomena are very difficult to grasp due to their complex nature. Economic growth can be seen as the outcome of various indigenous and exogenous factors that are to some extent interdependent. At a first glance, economic growth can be defined in terms of aggregate gain in productivity and competition, based on technological progress. On the other hand, when defining this process one cannot ignore the importance played by the economic structure and the consequent effects generated.
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bd.Expozitiei 1B, Bucuresti, Sector 1, Etaj 5, 012101|
Web page: http://www.rau.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1994.
"Growth and Unemployment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 477-494.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1991. "Growth and Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 577, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992. "A Model of Growth through Creative Destruction," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 323-351, March.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Scholarly Articles 12490578, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2007. "Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(5), pages 453-475, December.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2004. "Inflation Persistence during Periods of Structural Change: An Assessment Using Greek Data," Working Papers 13, Bank of Greece.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Lazaretou, Sophia, 2004. "Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data," Working Paper Series 370, European Central Bank.
- Boratav, Korkut & Turel, Oktar & Yeldan, Erinc, 1996. "Dilemmas of structural adjustment and environmental policies under instability: Post-1980 Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 373-393, February.
- Andreas Dietrich, 2012. "Does growth cause structural change, or is it the other way around? A dynamic panel data analysis for seven OECD countries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 915-944, December.
- Andreas Dietrich, 2009. "Does Growth Cause Structural Change, or Is it the Other Way Round? A Dynamic Panel Data Analyses for Seven OECD Countries," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-034, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Marcel P. Timmer & Gaaitzen J. de Vries, 2009. "Structural change and growth accelerations in Asia and Latin America: a new sectoral data set," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 3(2), pages 165-190, June.
- Bhattacharya, Rina, 1997. "Pace, sequencing and credibility of structural reforms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1045-1061, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rau:journl:v:6:y:2012:i:1:p:10-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alex Tabusca)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.