Quality of life: a multifaceted approach. A review of 'Measuring Equitable and Sustainable Well-being in Italy' by Enrico Giovannini and Tommaso Rondinella
The article constitutes a multifarious approach to describing the main directions provided by international bodies and scholar for measuring individual and national well-being. Constructing their analysis from a statistical point of view the authors describe and examine the quality of life framework built since the '40s. The focus point of the study is represented by the measures undertaken by Italian National Institute of Statistics (Istat) in order to provide a fair and harmonized measure of quality of life. Giovannini and Rondinella's work stands out due to the fact that it provides a very well documented exploration for the well-being measurements.
Volume (Year): 3 (2014)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://jedep.spiruharet.ro/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karl-Göran Mäler, 1991. "National accounts and environmental resources," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 1(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Viciu Tania-Georgia & Vasile Adrian & Costea Carmen-Eugenia, 2012. "A New Appraisal Of The Relationship Between Economic Growth And The Economic Structure," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 6(1), pages 10-18, May.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2007. "Absolute poverty measures for the developing world, 1981-2004," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4211, The World Bank.
- Pavle Sicherl, 2007. "The inter-temporal aspect of well-being and societal progress," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 84(2), pages 231-247, November.
- Sagar, Ambuj D. & Najam, Adil, 1998. "The human development index: a critical review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 249-264, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sph:rjedep:v:3:y:2014:i:1:p:5-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocsana Bucea-Manea-Tonis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.