Trends And Calendar Effects In Malaysia’S Stock Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bart Frijns & Farshid Navissi & Alireza Tourani-Rad & Lana Tsai, 2006. "Stock price performance of seasoned equity offerings: completed vs withdrawn," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 234-246.
- Chia, Ricky Chee-Jiun & Liew, Venus Khim-Sen & Syed Khalid Wafa, Syed Azizi Wafa, 2006. "Calendar anomalies in the Malaysian stock market," MPRA Paper 516, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mustafa Gultekin & Bulent Gultekin, "undated". "Stock Market Seasonality: Internal Evidence," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 17-83, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gultekin, Mustafa N. & Gultekin, N. Bulent, 1983. "Stock market seasonality : International Evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 469-481, December.
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & Smyth, Russell & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2007.
"Revisiting calendar anomalies in Asian stock markets using a stochastic dominance approach,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 125-141, April.
- Lean Hooi Hooi & Wong Wing Keung & Russell Smyth, 2005. "Revisiting Calender Anomolies in Asian Stock Markets Using a Stochastic Dominance Approach," Monash Economics Working Papers 16/05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Sullivan, Ryan & Timmermann, Allan & White, Halbert, 1998.
"Dangers of Data-Driven Inference: The Case of Calendar Effects in Stock Returns,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt2z02z6d9, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Allan Timmermann & Halbert White & Ryan Sullivan, 1998. "The Dangers of Data-Driven Inference: The Case of Calendar Effects in Stock Returns," FMG Discussion Papers dp304, Financial Markets Group.
- Rosa Borges, 2009. "Calendar Effects in Stock Markets: Critique of Previous Methodologies and Recent Evidence in European Countries," Working Papers Department of Economics 2009/37, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Atanasova, Christina V. & Hudson, Robert S., 2010. "Technical trading rules and calendar anomalies -- Are they the same phenomena?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 128-130, February.
- Lamb, Reinhold P. & Ma, K. C. & Daniel Pace, R. & Kennedy, William F., 1997. "The congressional calendar and stock market performance," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 19-25.
- Lei Gao & Gerhard Kling, 2005. "Calendar Effects in Chinese Stock Market," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 6(1), pages 75-88, May.
- Jorge Brusa & Rodrigo Hernandez & Pu Liu, 2011. "Reverse weekend effect, trading volume, and illiquidity," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(9), pages 817-839, August.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen & Asger Lunde & James M. Nason, 2005. "Testing the significance of calendar effects," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2005-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abdul Rashid & Saba Kausar, 2019. "Testing the Monthly Calendar Anomaly of Stock Returns in Pakistan: A Stochastic Dominance Approach," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 58(1), pages 83-104.
- Khalil Jebran & Shihua Chen, 2017. "Examining anomalies in Islamic equity market of Pakistan," Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 275-289, July.
- Faheem Aslam & Ahmed Imran Hunjra & Tahar Tayachi & Peter Verhoeven & Yasir Tariq Mohmand, 2022. "Calendar Anomalies in Islamic Frontier Markets," SAGE Open, , vol. 12(2), pages 21582440221, May.
- Cristina Ortiz & Gloria Ramirez & Luis Vicente, 2010. "Quarterly return patterns in the Spanish stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(23), pages 1829-1838.
- Rajesh Elangovan & Francis Gnanasekar Irudayasamy & Satyanarayana Parayitam, 2022. "Month-of-the-Year Effect: Empirical Evidence from Indian Stock Market," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 29(3), pages 449-476, September.
- Thi Hong Van Hoang & Zhenzhen Zhu & Bing Xiao & Wing‐Keung Wong, 2020.
"The seasonality of gold prices in China does the risk‐aversion level matter?,"
Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 60(3), pages 2617-2664, September.
- Thi Hong Van Hoang & Zhenzhen Zhu & Bing Xiao & Wing‐keung Wong, 2018. "The seasonality of gold prices in China: Does the risk-aversion level matter?," Post-Print hal-01903522, HAL.
- Urquhart, Andrew & McGroarty, Frank, 2014. "Calendar effects, market conditions and the Adaptive Market Hypothesis: Evidence from long-run U.S. data," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 154-166.
- Suliman Zakaria Suliman Abdalla, 2015. "An Investigation of the Month-of-The-Year Effect for the Sudanese Stock Market," Working Papers 924, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2015.
- Cameron Truong, 2013. "The January effect, does options trading matter?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 38(1), pages 31-48, April.
- Andrew Coutts & Christos Kaplanidis & Jennifer Roberts, 2000. "Security price anomalies in an emerging market: the case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 561-571.
- Stilianos Fountas & Konstantinos Segredakis, 2002.
"Emerging stock markets return seasonalities: the January effect and the tax-loss selling hypothesis,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 291-299.
- Stilianos Fountas & Konstantinos N. Segredakis, 1999. "Emerging Stock Markets Return Seasonalities: the January Effect and the Tax-Loss Selling Hypothesis," Working Papers 37, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 1999.
- Alford, Alan & Guffey, Daryl M., 1996. "A re-examination of international seasonalities," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-17.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi Chur & Hu, May, 2016. "Another January effect—Evidence from stock split announcements," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 123-138.
- Alan Alford & Daryl M. Guffey, 1996. "A re‐examination of international seasonalities," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 5(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Dichtl, Hubert & Drobetz, Wolfgang, 2015. "Sell in May and Go Away: Still good advice for investors?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 29-43.
- Li, Fengyun & Zhang, Huacheng & Zheng, Dazhi, 2018. "Seasonality in the cross section of stock returns: Advanced markets versus emerging markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 263-281.
- Bing Zhang & Xindan Li, 2006. "Do Calendar Effects Still Exist in the Chinese Stock Markets?," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 151-163.
- Cox, Kevin C. & Lortie, Jason & Stewart, Steven A., 2017. "When to pray to the angels for funding: The seasonality of angel investing in new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 7(C), pages 68-76.
- Robert Brooks & Robert Faff & Thomas Josev, 1997. "Beta stability and monthly seasonal effects: evidence from the Australian capital market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(9), pages 563-566.
- Qiwei Chen, 2013. "Risk and seasonal effects: international evidence," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 299-311, November.
More about this item
KeywordsStock; Malaysia; Calendar effect; Investment and KPJ Healthcare Berhad;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rau:journl:v:13:y:2018:i:2:p:15-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ferauro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alex Tabusca (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ferauro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.