The Costs of Inter-Firm Networks
Scholars and economic observers suggest, almost unanimously, that inter-firm networks may possibly be a way to overcome the obstacles to the competitiveness of Italian industry represented by the small size of the firms. This paper points out that the same mechanism (i.e. the network) that favours cooperation among firms in achieving scale and scope economies and enjoying the benefits of agglomeration and information dissemination may have negative effects on agents inside and outside the network and decrease the static and dynamic efficiency of resource allocation.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kranton, Rachel E, 1996. "Reciprocal Exchange: A Self-Sustaining System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 830-51, September.
- Thomas W. Ross, 2009. "Sustaining Cooperation with Joint Ventures," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 31-54, May.
- Domenico Scalera & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009. "Do Inter-Firm Networks Make Access to Finance Easier? Issues and Empirical Evidence," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 25, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Cowen, Tyler, 1992. "Law as a Public Good: The Economics of Anarchy," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 249-267, October.
- Domenico SCALERA & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2010. "L'economia del Mezzogiorno. Nuova politica regionale, crisi globale e federalismo fiscale," Working Papers 337, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Alessia Amighini & Andrea F. Presbitero & Matteo G. Richiardi, 2010.
"Delocalizzazione produttiva e mix occupazionale,"
LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series
104, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- David Gilo & Yossi Moshe & Yossi Spiegel, 2006. "Partial cross ownership and tacit collusion," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(1), pages 81-99, 03.
- Alessandro Gambini & Emma Sarno & Alberto Zazzaro, 2012. "Composizione e struttura di rete tra le societa' quotate in Italia," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 63, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Cowen, Tyler, 1994. "Rejoinder to David Friedman on the Economics of Anarchy," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 329-332, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.