The Costs of Inter-Firm Networks
Scholars and economic observers suggest, almost unanimously, that inter-firm networks may possibly be a way to overcome the obstacles to the competitiveness of Italian industry represented by the small size of the firms. This paper points out that the same mechanism (i.e. the network) that favours cooperation among firms in achieving scale and scope economies and enjoying the benefits of agglomeration and information dissemination may have negative effects on agents inside and outside the network and decrease the static and dynamic efficiency of resource allocation.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alessia Amighini & Andrea F. Presbitero & Matteo G. Richiardi, 2010.
"Delocalizzazione produttiva e mix occupazionale,"
LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series
104, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Alessia Amighini & Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Matteo G. Richiardi, 2010. "Delocalizzazione produttiva e mix occupazionale," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 42, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Domenico SCALERA & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2010. "L'economia del Mezzogiorno. Nuova politica regionale, crisi globale e federalismo fiscale," Working Papers 337, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Domenico Scalera & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009. "Do Inter-Firm Networks Make Access to Finance Easier? Issues and Empirical Evidence," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 25, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Alessandro Gambini & Emma Sarno & Alberto Zazzaro, 2012. "Composizione e struttura di rete tra le societa' quotate in Italia," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 63, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- David Gilo & Yossi Moshe & Yossi Spiegel, 2006. "Partial cross ownership and tacit collusion," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(1), pages 81-99, 03.
- Cowen, Tyler, 1992. "Law as a Public Good: The Economics of Anarchy," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 249-267, October.
- Cowen, Tyler, 1994. "Rejoinder to David Friedman on the Economics of Anarchy," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 329-332, October.
- Kranton, Rachel E, 1996. "Reciprocal Exchange: A Self-Sustaining System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 830-851, September.
- Thomas W. Ross, 2009. "Sustaining Cooperation with Joint Ventures," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 31-54, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.