Legal Agriculture: Farmland Confiscated from Organized Crime
This paper examines the role of social agriculture in disseminating the culture of legality in agricultural areas fallen prey to organized crime. It also investigates the relations between corruption and crime, underlining their negative effects on the economic growth of areas, as well as their social implications, highlighting the positive role of the social farm. In this respect the confiscation of land belonging to criminal organizations and its social use is of key importance for the institutions in asserting the rule of law. Furthermore, the article analyzes the assignment and geographic range of lands, pointing out institutional problems and the role of local administrations.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jakob Svensson, 2005. "Eight Questions about Corruption," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 19-42, Summer.
- Aidt, Toke & Dutta, Jayasri & Sena, Vania, 2008.
"Governance regimes, corruption and growth: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-220, June.
- Toke Aidt & Jayasri Dutta & Vania Sena, 2006. "Governance Regimes, Corruption and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 15_2006, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Bose, Niloy & Capasso, Salvatore & Murshid, Antu Panini, 2008. "Threshold Effects of Corruption: Theory and Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1173-1191, July.
- De Devitiis, Biagia & D'Alessio, Massimiliano & Maietta, Ornella Wanda, 2008. "A comparative analysis of the purchase motivations of Fair Trade products: the impact of social capital," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44148, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.