Bank capital ratios in the 1990s: cross-country evidence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gabe J. De Bondt & Henriette M. Prast, 2000. "Bank capital ratios in the 1990s: cross-country evidence," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(212), pages 71-97.
- G.J. de Bondt & H.M. Prast, 1999. "Bank capital ratios in the 1990s: cross-country evidence," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 603, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N, 1995.
"The Relationship between Capital and Earnings in Banking,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 432-456, May.
- Allen Berger, 1994. "The Relationship Between Capital and Earnings in Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-17, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger, 1994. "The relationship between capital and earnings in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Raj Aggarwal & Kevin T. Jacques, 1998. "Assessing the impact of prompt corrective action on bank capital and risk," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 23-32.
- G.E. Hebbink & H.M. Prast, 1998. "Regulation and banking: a survey," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 565, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Shrieves, Ronald E. & Dahl, Drew, 1992. "The relationship between risk and capital in commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 439-457, April.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & Paul Wachtel, 1993. "Capital requirements and shifts in commercial bank portfolios," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 2-15.
- Jacques, Kevin & Nigro, Peter, 1997. "Risk-based capital, portfolio risk, and bank capital: A simultaneous equations approach," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 533-547.
- Tolga Ediz & Ian Michael & William Perraudin, 1998. "The impact of capital requirements on U.K. bank behaviour," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 15-22.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1992. "Capital requirements and the behaviour of commercial banks," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1137-1170, June.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 1997. "Microeconomics of Banking," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061937.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco D'Arack & Sandrine Levasseur, 2007. "The Determinants of Capital Buffers in CEECs," Sciences Po publications N°2007-28, Sciences Po.
- Juliusz Jablecki, 2009. "The impact of Basel I capital requirements on bank behavior and the efficacy of monetary policy," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 2(1), pages 16-35, June.
- Rubi Ahmad & M. Ariff & Michael Skully, 2008.
"The Determinants of Bank Capital Ratios in a Developing Economy,"
Asia-Pacific Financial Markets,
Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 15(3), pages 255-272, December.
- Michael J. Skully & Rubi Ahmad & M. Ariff, 2009. "The Determinants of Bank Capital Ratios in a Developing Economy," CARF F-Series CARF-F-147, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Lin, Karen Lai Kai & Konishi, Masaru, 2013. "Capital requirements, bank behavior and fair value accounting: Evidence from Japanese commercial banks," Working Paper Series G-1-6, Hitotsubashi University Center for Financial Research.
- Gavalas, Dimitris, 2015. "How do banks perform under Basel III? Tracing lending rates and loan quantity," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 21-37.
More about this item
KeywordsBank; capital ratios; 1990s; US; UK; EMU;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:bnlaqr:2000:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti). General contact details of provider: http://www.economiacivile.it .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.