Doubtful Sustainability of Public Finances in Slovenia
In the immediate period before adoption of euro many debates in Slovenia deal with fulfillment of Maastricht criteria. Slovenia has never had any significant problems with Maastricht fiscal criteria, but this does not mean that it has long-term sustainable fiscal situation. The purpose of this analysis is analyze (non)sustainability of Slovenia's fiscal stance. The methodology is based on objective analysis of long-term public finance's stability/sustainability. The analysis shows that Slovenia exceeded several times the level of sustainability in previous years. In next period the circumstances could only worsen unless necessary fiscal reform and other policy measures (especially reform of public-debt management) are introduced.
Volume (Year): 2006 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Editorial office Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3, Czech Republic|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/pep/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1984.
"Are Bond-Financed Deficits Inflationary? A Ricardian Analysis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(1), pages 123-35, February.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1982. "Are Bond-Financed Deficits Inflationary? A Ricardian Analysis," NBER Working Papers 0905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Fat·s & Ilian Mihov, 2003. "On Constraining Fiscal Policy Discretion in EMU," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 112-131.
- Barry Eichengreen & Charles Wyplosz, 1998. "The Stability Pact: more than a minor nuisance?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(26), pages 65-113, 04.
- Uctum, Merih & Wickens, Michael, 2000.
" Debt and Deficit Ceilings, and Sustainability of Fiscal Policies: An Intertemporal Analysis,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 62(2), pages 197-222, May.
- Merih Uctum & Michael Wickens, 1996. "Debt and deficit ceilings, and sustainability of fiscal policies: an intertemporal analysis," Research Paper 9615, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Uctum, Merih & Wickens, Michael R., 1997. "Debt and Deficit Ceilings, and Sustainability of Fiscal Policies: An Intertemporal Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1612, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- de Haan, Jakob & Siermann, Clemens L J, 1993. "The Intertemporal Government Budget Constraint: An Application for the Netherlands," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 48(2), pages 243-49.
- Friedrich Heinemann, 1993. "Sustainability of national debt in Europe," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 61-68, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpep:v:2006:y:2006:i:3:id:288:p:268-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.