Regulatory Impact Assessment in the Czech Republic
In 2007/2008, the Czech Republic has introduced governmental Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA) to the central government level. This procedure has established formal rules binding to all legislative bodies. The process administration of RIA was entrusted to the Panel for a Regulatory Reform and Effective Public Administration and its permanent Committee for Quality Control of the Regulatory Impact Assessment. At the end of 2011, the RIA process has been changed and a new, independent Committee for the control of RIA proposals has been established. Based on minutes from the Committee’s discussions, the presented paper analyses fundamental trends in the RIA process in the 2008–2012 period. The general statistical overview indicates that the volume of legislation reviewed under RIA gradually decreases. On the other hand, the number of proposals not recommended by the Committee for an approval decreased from 7.1 % in 2008 to 6.9 % in 2011. After introducing the new RIA rules, the number of proposals not recommended by the new Committee for an approval during the first discussion of a proposal has dramatically increased to 81 %.
Volume (Year): 2012 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Prague 3, Czech Republic|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/efaj/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cesar Cordova-Novion & Stéphane Jacobzone, 2011. "Strengthening the Institutional Setting for Regulatory Reform: The Experience from OECD Countries," OECD Working Papers on Public Governance 19, OECD Publishing.
- Stéphane Jacobzone & Faye Steiner & Erika Lopez Ponton & Emmanuel Job, 2010. "Assessing the Impact of Regulatory Management Systems: Preliminary Statistical and Econometric Estimates," OECD Working Papers on Public Governance 17, OECD Publishing.
- Blind, Knut, 2012. "The influence of regulations on innovation: A quantitative assessment for OECD countries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 391-400.
- Yin-Fang Zhang, 2010. "Towards Better Regulatory Governance?," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6), pages 873-891, November.
- Michael Gibbons & David Parker, 2012. "Impact assessments and better regulation: the role of the UK's Regulatory Policy Committee," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 257-264, July.
- Wim Marneffe & Lode Vereeck, 2011. "The meaning of regulatory costs," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 341-356, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlefa:v:2012:y:2012:i:3:id:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.