An alternative estimation of the death toll of the Covid-19 pandemic in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- S V Subramanian & George Davey Smith & Malavika Subramanyam, 2006. "Indigenous Health and Socioeconomic Status in India," PLOS Medicine, Public Library of Science, vol. 3(10), pages 1-11, October.
- Islam, Asad & Pakrashi, Debayan & Vlassopoulos, Michael & Wang, Liang Choon, 2021.
"Stigma and misconceptions in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic: A field experiment in India,"
Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 278(C).
- Islam, Asadul & Pakrashi, Debayan & Vlassopoulos, Michael & Wang, Liang Choon, 2020. "Stigma and Misconceptions in the Time of the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Field Experiment in India," IZA Discussion Papers 13995, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gupta, Aashish & Banaji, Murad, 2021. "The scale of Gujarat’s mortality crisis," SocArXiv 2wae5, Center for Open Science.
- Isaac Sasson, 2021. "Age and COVID-19 mortality: A comparison of Gompertz doubling time across countries and causes of death," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 44(16), pages 379-396.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Subramanian, S.V. & Subramanyam, Malavika A. & Selvaraj, Sakthivel & Kawachi, Ichiro, 2009. "Are self-reports of health and morbidities in developing countries misleading? Evidence from India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 260-265, January.
- Jayanta Kumar Bora & Rajesh Raushan & Wolfgang Lutz, 2019. "The persistent influence of caste on under-five mortality: Factors that explain the caste-based gap in high focus Indian states," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(8), pages 1-20, August.
- Swati Dutta, 2022. "Risk factors for child survival among tribal dominated states in India: a pooled cross sectional analysis," Journal of Population Research, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 391-416, September.
- Islam, Asad & Pakrashi, Debayan & Sahoo, Soubhagya & Wang, Liang Choon & Zenou, Yves, 2021.
"Gender inequality and caste: Field experimental evidence from India,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 111-124.
- Islam, Asad & Pakrashi, Debayan & Sahoo, Soubhagya & Wang, Liang Choon, 2021. "Gender inequality and caste: Field experimental evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 16736, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Islam, Asad & Pakrashi, Debayan & Sahoo, Soubhagya & Wang, Liang Choon & Zenou, Yves, 2021. "Gender Inequality and Caste: Field Experimental Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 14713, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Asad Islam & Debayan Pakrashi & Soubhagya Sahoo & Liang Choon Wang & Yves Zenou, 2021. "Gender inequality and caste: Field experimental evidence from India," Monash Economics Working Papers 2021-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Laurie Brown & Binod Nepal, 2011. "Modelling Potential Impact of Improved Survival of Indigenous Australians on Work-Life Labour Income Gap Between Indigenous and Average Australians," NATSEM Working Paper Series 11/15, University of Canberra, National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling.
- June Y T Po & S V Subramanian, 2011. "Mortality Burden and Socioeconomic Status in India," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 6(2), pages 1-8, February.
- Héctor Pifarré i Arolas & Enrique Acosta & Christian Dudel & Jo M. Hale & Mikko Myrskylä, 2021. "U.S. racial/ethnic mortality gap adjusted for population structure," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2021-023, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Itismita Mohanty & Robert Tanton, 2012. "A wellbeing framework with adaptive capacity," NATSEM Working Paper Series 12/17, University of Canberra, National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling.
- Rai, Birendra & Wang, Liang Choon & Pandit, Simone & Handfield, Toby & So, Chiu Ki, 2021. "Awareness of ethical dilemmas enhances public support for the principle of saving more lives in the United States: A survey experiment based on ethical allocation of scarce ventilators," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 282(C).
- Bandita Boro & Nandita Saikia, 2020. "A qualitative study of the barriers to utilizing healthcare services among the tribal population in Assam," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(10), pages 1-14, October.
- Sahoo, Anil Kumar & Madheswaran, S, 2014. "Healthcare utilisation behaviour in India: Socio-economic disparities & the effect of health insurance," Working Papers 317, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Kennedy, Jonathan J. & King, Lawrence P., 2011. "Understanding the conviction of Binayak Sen: Neocolonialism, political violence and the political economy of health in the central Indian tribal belt," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(10), pages 1639-1642, May.
- Demombynes,Gabriel & De Walque,Damien B. C. M. & Gubbins,Paul Michael & Urdinola,Beatriz Piedad & Veillard,Jeremy Henri Maurice, 2021. "COVID-19 Age-Mortality Curves for 2020 Are Flatter in Developing Countries Using Both Official DeathCounts and Excess Deaths," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9807, The World Bank.
- Pathak, Praveen Kumar & Singh, Abhishek, 2011. "Trends in malnutrition among children in India: Growing inequalities across different economic groups," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 576-585, August.
- Michael Vlassopoulos & Abu Siddique & Tabassum Rahman & Debayan Pakrashi & Asad Islam & Firoz Ahmed, 2021.
"Improving Women's Mental Health During a Pandemic,"
Munich Papers in Political Economy
11, Munich School of Politics and Public Policy and the School of Management at the Technical University of Munich.
- Vlassopoulos, Michael & Siddique, Abu & Rahman, Tabassum & Pakrashi, Debayan & Islam, Asad & Ahmed, Firoz, 2021. "Improving Women's Mental Health during a Pandemic," IZA Discussion Papers 14786, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jayanta Kumar Bora & Rajesh Raushan & Wolfgang Lutz, 2018. "Contribution of Education to Infant and Under-Five Mortality Disparities among Caste Groups in India," VID Working Papers 1803, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
- Sandeep S. Nerkar & Ashish Pathak & Cecilia Stålsby Lundborg & Ashok J. Tamhankar, 2015. "Can Integrated Watershed Management Contribute to Improvement of Public Health? A Cross-Sectional Study from Hilly Tribal Villages in India," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 12(3), pages 1-17, February.
- Anirudh Krishna & Kripa Ananthpur, 2013. "Globalization, Distance and Disease: Spatial Health Disparities in Rural India," Millennial Asia, , vol. 4(1), pages 3-25, April.
- Shanuga Cherayi & Justin P. Jose & Sreejith Sudhakar, 2019. "Children of Tribal Unwed Mothers and Their Non-Legitimate Origin: A Social Exclusion Perspective," SAGE Open, , vol. 9(2), pages 21582440198, June.
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 2021. "Mortality Rates by College Degree Before and During COVID-19," NBER Working Papers 29328, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:plo:pone00:0263187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: plosone (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.