Tourism Promotion and Regional Development in Low-income Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Nowak & Mondher Sahli & Pasquale M. Sgro, 2003. "Tourism, Trade And Domestic Welfare," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 245-258, October.
- Copeland, Brian R, 1991. "Tourism, Welfare and De-industrialization in a Small Open Economy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 515-529, November.
- Bharat R. Hazari & J. J. Nowak, 2003. "Tourism, Taxes And Immiserization: A Trade Theoretic Analysis," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 279-287, October.
- Ronald W. Jones & Barbara J. Spencer, 1989.
"Raw Materials, Processing Activities, and Protectionism,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(3), pages 469-486, August.
- Jones, R.W. & Spencer, B.J., 1988. "Raw Materials, Processing Activities And Protectionism," RCER Working Papers 156, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Hazari, Bharat R. & A-Ng, 1993. "An analysis of tourists' consumption of non-traded goods and services on the welfare of the domestic consumers," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 43-58.
- Bharat R. Hazari & J. J. Nowak & M. Sahli & D. Zdravevski, 2003. "Tourism And Regional Immiserization," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 269-278, October.
- Batra, Raveendra N & Casas, Francisco R, 1973. "Intermediate Products and the Pure Theory of International Trade: A Neo-Heckscher-Ohlin Framework," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 297-311, June.
- Hazari, Bharat R. & Kaur, Charanjit, 1995. "Tourism and welfare in the presence of pure monopoly in the non-traded goods sector," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 171-177.
- Marc Chesney & Bharat R. Hazari, 2003. "Illegal Migrants, Tourism And Welfare: A Trade Theoretic Approach," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 259-268, October.
- Diamond, J, 1977. " Tourism's Role in Economic Development: The Case Reexamined," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(3), pages 539-553, April.
More about this item
KeywordsTourism; Regional Development; Low-income Developing Countries;
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:45:y:2006:i:3:p:417-424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.