Distortions in the Factor Market.Models and Realities
This paper confronts the theory of distortions in the factor market with empirical evidence. It is generally concluded that there would not be much to gain in terms of increased production for the economy as a whole from a technically efficient reallocation of labour and capital between industries. However, distortions in the factor market may be of importance in some sectors of the economy which means that imperfections in the factor market should be of concern for economic policy.
Volume (Year): 21 (1982)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.pide.org.pk
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albert Fishlow & Paul A. David, 1961. "Optimal Resource Allocation in an Imperfect Market Setting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 529.
- Dougherty, Christopher & Selowsky, Marcelo, 1973. "Measuring the Effects of the Misallocation of Labour," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(3), pages 386-90, August.
- V. K. Ramaswami & T. N. Srinivasan, 1968. "Optimal Subsidies and Taxes When Some Factors Are Traded," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 569.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Ramaswami, V K & Srinivasan, T N, 1969.
"Domestic Distortions, Tariffs, and the Theory of Optimum Subsidy: Some Further Results,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 1005-10, Nov./Dec..
- J. N. Bhagwati & V. K. Ramaswami & T. N. Srinivasan, 1968. "Domestic Distortions, Tariffs and the Theory of Optimum Subsidy: Some Further Results," Working papers 29, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Syed Nawab Haider Naqvi, 1967.
"Protection and Economic Development,"
1967:061, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Anand, Sudhir & Joshi, Vijay, 1979. "Domestic Distortions, Income Distribution and the Theory of Optimum Subsidy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(354), pages 336-52, June.
- Herberg, Horst & Kemp, Murray C & Magee, Stephen P, 1971. "Factor Market Distortions, the Reversal of Relative Factor Intensities, and the Relation Between Product Prices and Equilibrium Outputs," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 47(120), pages 518-30, December.
- Magee, Stephen P, 1973. "Factor Market Distortions, Production, and Trade: A Survey," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 1-43, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:21:y:1982:i:1:p:19-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.