A Survey of the Literature on the Migration-Impact of State and Local Government Policies
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Liebig & Patrick A. Puhani & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2007.
"Taxation And Internal Migration-Evidence From The Swiss Census Using Community-Level Variation In Income Tax Rates,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 807-836.
- Liebig, Thomas & Puhani, Patrick A. & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2006. "Taxation And Internal Migration - Evidence From The Swiss Census Using Community-Level Variation In Income Tax Rates," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-348, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Liebig, Thomas & Puhani, Patrick A. & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2006. "Taxation and Internal Migration: Evidence from the Swiss Census Using Community-Level Variation in Income Tax Rates," IZA Discussion Papers 2374, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alex Michalos, 1996. "Migration and the quality of life: A review essay," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 121-166, January.
- Foley, Maggie & Clark, J.R., 2016. "Economic Freedom and Real Income," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 0(Issue 1).
- Jonah B. Gelbach, 2004. "Migration, the Life Cycle, and State Benefits: How Low Is the Bottom?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(5), pages 1091-1130, October.
- Phillip B. Levine & David J. Zimmerman, 1999.
"An empirical analysis of the welfare magnet debate using the NLSY,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(3), pages 391-409.
- P. B. Levine & D. J. Zimmerman, "undated". "An empirical analysis of the welfare magnet debate using the NLSY," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1098-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Phillip B. Levine & David J. Zimmerman, 1995. "An Empirical Analysis of the Welfare Magnet Debate Using the NLSY," NBER Working Papers 5264, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tania Barham & Randall Kuhn, 2014. "Staying for Benefits: The Effect of a Health and Family Planning Program on Out-Migration Patterns in Bangladesh," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 49(4), pages 982-1013.
- Conway, Karen Smith & Houtenville, Andrew J., 2001. "Elderly Migration and State Fiscal Policy: Evidence from the 1990 Census Migration Flows," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(n. 1), pages 103-24, March.
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa & Shumpei Yaoita & Akira Yokoyama, 2016. "Services for Child Care Support as Social Infrastructure: Impact on Birthrate and Migration of Children and Review of Best Practices," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Marcus Dittrich & Wolfgang Gerstenberger & Beate Henschel & Gunther Markwardt & Carsten Pohl & Heinz Schmalholz & Marcel Thum, 2004. "Demographische Entwicklung im Freistaat Sachsen : Analyse und Strategien zum Bevölkerungsrückgang auf dem Arbeitsmarkt ; Gutachten im Auftrag der Sächsischen Staatskanzlei," ifo Dresden Studien, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 36.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003.
"Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003. "Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Kjetil Anderson & Fredrik Cerlsen, 1997. "Local Public Services and Migration: Educational Change Evidence from Norwegian Municipalities," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 27(2), pages 123-142, Fall.
- Nakazawa, Katsuyoshi & Kawase, Akihiro, 2009. "An Empirical Analysis of the Welfare Magnet: Aged Care Provision and Migration in Japan," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 412, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kauffman, Kyle D. & Kiesling, L. Lynne, 1997. "Was there a nineteenth century welfare magnet in the United States?: Preliminary results from New York City and Brooklyn," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 439-448.
- Akihiro Kawase & Katsuyoshi Nakazawa, 2009.
"Long-term Care Insurance Facilities and Interregional Migration of the Elderly in Japan,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2981-2995.
- Akihiro Kawase & Katsuyoshi Nakazawa, 2009. "Long-term Care Insurance Facilities and Interregional Migration of the Elderly in Japan," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200939, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Lars P. Feld, 2000. "Fiskalischer Wettbewerb und Einkommensumverteilung," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(2), pages 181-198, May.
- repec:jpe:journl:1501 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa, 2012. "Welfare-Induced Migration of the Elderly in Japan - Gender differences in welfare migration patterns among the elderly," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201242, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Alexander, Gigi & Foley, Maggie, 2014. "Determinants of Migration, Revisited," MPRA Paper 56967, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gordon Jong & Deborah Graefe & Tanja St. Pierre, 2005. "Welfare reform and interstate migration of poor families," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(3), pages 469-496, August.
- Rephann, Terance J. & Wanchek, Tanya N., 2016. "Filling the Gaps: Explanations for Disparities in the Distribution of Dentists among U.S. Counties," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 0(Issue 1).
- Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2011. "Intranational Trade and Regional Tax Rates: A Welfare Analysis on the U.S. Economy," Working Papers 1106, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pfi:pubfin:v:34:y:1979:i:1:p:69-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.