Institutions, exchange and firm growth: evidence from Bulgarian agriculture
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khanna, Madhu & Damon, Lisa A., 1999. "EPA's Voluntary 33/50 Program: Impact on Toxic Releases and Economic Performance of Firms," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Arora Seema & Cason Timothy N., 1995. "An Experiment in Voluntary Environmental Regulation: Participation in EPA's 33/50 Program," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 271-286, May.
- Emmanuel K. Yiridoe & J. Stephen Clark & Geb E. Marett & Robert Gordon & Peter Duinker, 2003. "ISO 14001 EMS standard registration decisions among Canadian organizations," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 439-457.
- Delmas Magali & Marcus Alfred, 2004.
"Firms' Choice of Regulatory Instruments to Reduce Pollution: A Transaction Cost Approach,"
Business and Politics,
De Gruyter, pages 1-22.
- Delmas, Magali & Marcus, Alfred, 2004. "Firms' Choice of Regulatory Instruments to Reduce Pollution: A Transaction Cost Approach," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 1-20, December.
- Delmas, Magali, 2003. "In Search of ISO: An Institutional Perspective on the Adoption of International Management Standards," Research Papers 1784, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Straub, Matthew O. & Thomassin, Paul J., 2006. "Product Attributes and Consumer Willingness to Pay for Environmental Management Systems in Agriculture: Using the Choice Modeling Technique," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21051, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Nakamura, Masao & Takahashi, Takuya & Vertinsky, Ilan, 2001. "Why Japanese Firms Choose to Certify: A Study of Managerial Responses to Environmental Issues," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 23-52, July.
- Henriques, Irene & Sadorsky, Perry, 1996. "The Determinants of an Environmentally Responsive Firm: An Empirical Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 381-395, May.
- Khanna, Madhu & Quimio, Wilma Rose H. & Bojilova, Dora, 1998. "Toxics Release Information: A Policy Tool for Environmental Protection," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 243-266, November.
- Anton, W.R.Q.Wilma Rose Q. & Deltas, George & Khanna, Madhu, 2004.
"Incentives for environmental self-regulation and implications for environmental performance,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 632-654, July.
- Anton, Wilma Rose Q. & Deltas, George & Khanna, Madhu, 2002. "Incentives for Environmental Self-Regulation and Implications for Environmental Performance," Working Papers 02-0120, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Yiridoe, Emmanuel K. & Marett, Geb E., 2004. "Mitigating the High Cost of ISO 14001 EMS Standard Certification: Lessons from Agribusiness Case Research," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 7(02).
- Halkos, George E, 2001. "Determinants of environmental management systems standards implementation: evidence from Greek industry," MPRA Paper 33481, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- María Teresa Ruiz-Tagle, 2006. "Why do Manufacturing Plants Invest in Environmental Management?," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 20.2006, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2006.
- Gilles Grolleau & Tarik Lakhal & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2004. "Does Ethical Activism Lead to Firm Relocation?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 387-402, August.
- J Videras & A Alberini, 2000. "The appeal of voluntary environmental programs: which firms participate and why?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(4), pages 449-460, October.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Squicciarini, Mara P. & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Janssen, Emma & Swinnen, Jo, 2017. "Supply chains and economic development: Insights from the Indian dairy sector," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 128-142.
- Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2011.
"Multinationals or Cooperatives: Does it Matter to Farmers? - A Study of the Dairy Sector in Punjab (India),"
2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
115545, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vandeplas, Anneleen & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2012. "Multinationals versus cooperatives: The income and efficiency effects of supply chain governance in India," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126892, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Swinnen Johan & Vandeplas Anneleen, 2012.
"Rich Consumers and Poor Producers: Quality and Rent Distribution in Global Value Chains,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-30, January.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009. "Rich consumers and poor producers: Quality and rent distribution in global value chains," IFPRI discussion papers 932, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Curtiss, Jarmila, 2012. "Determinants of Financial Capital Use: Review of theories and implications for rural businesses," Factor Markets Working Papers 123, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Bobojonov, Ihtiyor & Teuber, Ramona & Oshakbayev, Dauren & Glauben, Thomas, 2015. "Agrifood sector transformation and its implications on development of small farmers in Kazakhstan," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211357, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Van Herck, Kristine & Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Deconinck, Koen, 2012. "How the East Was Won: Supply Chain Restructuring in the Eastern European Beer Market," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 61(4).
- Ferto, Imre, 2012. "Contract enforcement in Hungarian agri-food chain: the case of small and medium enterprises," 86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 134956, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Johan Swinnen & Kristine Van Herck, 2012.
"Food Security: Challenges and Opportunities for Eastern Europe and Central Asia,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development,
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 9(1), pages 37-52, June.
- Swinnen, Johan & Van Herck, Kristine, 1. "Food Security: Challenges and Opportunities for Eastern Europe and Central Asia," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 9(1).
- Jan Fałkowski & Agata Malak-Rawlikowska & Dominika Milczarek-Andrzejewska, 2013. "Determinants and Consequences of Participating in a Restructured Supply Chain: the Experience of the Dairy Sector in Poland," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 34.
- Tuna, Emelj & Karantininis, Konstantinos & Surry, Yves, 2014. "To contract or not in the food sector of transition economies? Evidence from the dairy sector in FYROM," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182860, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Curtiss, Jarmila, 2012. "Determinants of Financial Capital Use: Review of theories and implications for rural businesses," Working Papers 122846, Factor Markets, Centre for European Policy Studies.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:erevae:v:39:y:2012:i:1:p:29-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.