The Value of the Vote: A Model and Test of the Effects of Turnout on Distributive Policy
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gary Hoover & Paul Pecorino, 2005. "The Political Determinants of Federal Expenditure at the State Level," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 123(1), pages 95-113, April.
- Sorensen, Todd A. & Fishback, Price & Allen, Samuel K. & Kantor, Shawn, 2007.
"Migration Creation, Diversion, and Retention: New Deal Grants and Migration: 1935-1940,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3060, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Todd Sorensen & Price V. Fishback & Samuel Allen & Shawn E. Kantor, 2007. "Migration Creation, Diversion, and Retention: New Deal Grants and Migration: 1935-1940," NBER Working Papers 13491, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McIntosh Craig & Allen Jacob, 2009. "Using the Error in Pre-Election Polls to Test for the Presence of Pork," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Dino Falaschetti, 2004. "Can Voting Reduce Welfare? Evidence from the US Telecommunications Sector," Public Economics 0401009, EconWPA.
- John Joseph Wallis & Price Fishback & Shawn Kantor, 2005. "Politics, Relief, and Reform: The Transformation of America's Social Welfare System during the New Deal," NBER Working Papers 11080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alois Stutzer & Lukas Kienast, 2005.
"Demokratische Beteiligung und Staatsausgaben: Die Auswirkungen des Frauenstimmrechts,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 141(IV), pages 617-650, December.
- Alois Stutzer & Lukas Kienast, "undated". "Demokratische Beteiligung und Staatsausgaben: Die Auswirkungen des Frauenstimmrechts," IEW - Working Papers 210, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Alois Stutzer & Lukas Kienast, 2004. "Demokratische Beteiligung und Staatsausgaben: Die Auswirkungen des Frauenstimmrechts," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-26, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Fishback, Price V. & Kantor, Shawn & Wallis, John Joseph, 2003.
"Can the New Deal's three Rs be rehabilitated? A program-by-program, county-by-county analysis,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 278-307, July.
- Price V. Fishback & Shawn Kantor & John Joseph Wallis, 2002. "Can the New Deal's Three R's Be Rehabilitated? A Program-by-Program, County-by-County Analysis," NBER Working Papers 8903, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Price Fishback & Samuel Allen & Jonathan Fox & Brendan Livingston, 2010.
"A Patchwork Safety Net: A Survey Of Cliometric Studies Of Income Maintenance Programs In The United States In The First Half Of The Twentieth Century,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 895-940, December.
- Price V. Fishback & Samuel Allen & Jonathan Fox & Brendan Livingston, 2010. "A Patchwork Safety Net: A Survey of Cliometric Studies of Income Maintenance Programs in the United States in the First Half of the Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 15696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dino Falaschetti, 2004. "Can Voting Reduce Welfare? Evidence from the US Telecommunications Sector," Public Economics 0401006, EconWPA.
- Dino Falaschetti, 2003. "Can latent groups influence policy decisions? The case of telecommunications policy," Public Economics 0311002, EconWPA.
- Fleck, Robert K., 2013.
"Why did the electorate swing between parties during the Great Depression?,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 599-619.
- Robert K. Fleck, 2012. "Why Did the Electorate Swing Between Parties During the Great Depression?," NBER Chapters,in: The Microeconomics of New Deal Policy National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stoian, Adrian & Fishback, Price, 2010.
"Welfare spending and mortality rates for the elderly before the Social Security era,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Adrian Stoian & Price V. Fishback, 2009. "Welfare Spending and Mortality Rates for the Elderly Before the Social Security Era," NBER Working Papers 14970, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dino Falaschetti, 2003. "Voter Turnout, Regulatory Commitment, and Capital Accumulation: Evidence from the US Telecommunications Sector," Microeconomics 0311002, EconWPA.
- Fishback, Price V. & Horrace, William C. & Kantor, Shawn, 2006. "The impact of New Deal expenditures on mobility during the Great Depression," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 179-222, April.
- Yusaku Horichi & Jun Saito, 2009. "Rain, ElectionS and MOney : The impact of voter turnout on distributive policy outcomes in japan," Governance Working Papers 22875, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ecinqu:v:37:y:1999:i:4:p:609-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.