Testing the Monopsony-Inefficiency Incentive for Backward Integration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azzam, Azzeddine M., 1998. "Competition in the US meatpacking industry: is it history?," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 107-126, March.
- Pace Guerrero, Ignacio, 2010. "Producción de atributos de calidad: efectos sobre la estructura de oferta y del mercado. Un análisis aplicado al mercado argentino de leche fluida," Nülan. Deposited Documents 1334, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación.
- Martinez, Steve & Zering, Kelly, 1997. "Vertical Coordination and Consumer Welfare: The Case of the Pork Industry," Agricultural Economics Reports 262048, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Love, H. Alan & Capps, Oral, Jr. & Williams, Gary W., 2010.
"Concentration In Beef Packing and Slaughter Cattle Pricing,"
Journal of Food Distribution Research,
Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 41(3), pages 1-17, November.
- Love, H. Alan & Capps, Oral, Jr. & Williams, Gary W., 2009. "Concentration in Beef Packing and Slaughter Cattle Pricing," Reports 90493, Texas A&M University, Agribusiness, Food, and Consumer Economics Research Center.
- Ward, Clement E., 2002. "A Review of Causes for and Consequences of Economic Concentration in the U.S. Meatpacking Industry," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 3, pages 1-28, January.
- Hudson, Darren, 2000. "Contracting In Agriculture: A Primer For Farm Lenders," Research Reports 15789, Mississippi State University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Martinez, Steve W. & Smith, Kevin E. & Zering, Kelly D., 1998.
"Analysis of Changing Methods of Vertical Coordination in the Pork Industry,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 301-311, December.
- Martinez, Stephen W. & Smith, Kevin E. & Zering, Kelly D., 1998. "Analysis Of Changing Methods Of Vertical Coordination In The Pork Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(2), pages 1-11, December.
- Sanjib Bhuyan, 2002. "Impact of Vertical Mergers on Industry Profitability: An Empirical Evaluation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(1), pages 61-79, February.
- Bhuyan, Sanjib, 2001. "Impact Of Vertical Mergers On Food Industry Profitability: An Empirical Evaluation," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20469, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jinho Jung & Juan Sesmero & Ralph Siebert, 2020. "Spatial Differentiation and Market Power in Input Procurement: Evidence from a Structural Model of the Corn Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 8088, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bhuyan, Sanjib, 2003. "What Determines Vertical Mergers in U.S. Food Manufacturing Industries?," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22146, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pritchett, James G. & Liu, Donald J., 1998. "Estimating Backward Integration In A Primary Input Market: The Case Of U.S. Hog Industry," Conference Papers 14480, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Love, H. Alan & Burton, Diana M., 1999. "A Strategic Rationale For Captive Supplies," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Stephen R. Koontz & John D. Lawrence, 2010. "Impacts of alternative marketing agreement cattle procurement on packer costs, gross margins, and profits: evidence from plant-level profit and loss data," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 1-24.
- Pritchett, James G. & Liu, Donald J., 1999. "Modeling Price Impacts Of Backward Vertical Integration In The Us Pork Industry," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21594, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:78:y:1996:i:3:p:585-590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.