The Relationship Between Inflation Rate and Nominal Interest Rate in Bolivarian Republic Of Venezuela: Revisiting Fisher’s Hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mihir Dash, 2017. "A Study of Granger Causality in Latin American Stock Markets," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 6(2), pages 82-88, May.
- Doaa Akl Ahmed & Mamdouh Abdelmoula M. Abdelsalam, 2018. "Inflation Instability Impact on Interest Rate in Egypt: Augmented Fisher Hypothesis Test," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Joakim Westerlund, 2008. "Panel cointegration tests of the Fisher effect," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 193-233.
- Million, Nicolas, 2004. "Central Bank's interventions and the Fisher hypothesis: a threshold cointegration investigation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1051-1064, December.
- Yiyou Wang, 2016. "An Exploratory Study of Interest Rate Liberalization in Commercial Banks in China," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 5(4), pages 270-279, November.
- Brigitte Granville & Sushanta Mallick, 2004. "Fisher hypothesis: UK evidence over a century," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 87-90.
- Kate Phylaktis & David Blake, 1993. "The fisher hypothesis: Evidence from three high inflation economies," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(3), pages 591-599, September.
- Beyer, Andreas & Dewald, William G. & Haug, Alfred A., 2009. "Structural breaks, cointegration and the Fisher effect," Working Paper Series 1013, European Central Bank.
- Ionuţ Cristian BACIU, 2014. "The Relationship Between Inflation And The Main Macroeconomic Variables In Romania," Network Intelligence Studies, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 4, pages 161-172, November.
- Hakan Berument & Mohamed Mehdi Jelassi, 2002. "The Fisher hypothesis: a multi-country analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(13), pages 1645-1655.
- Markku Lanne, 2001. "Near unit root and the relationship between inflation and interest rates: A reexamination of the Fisher effect," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 357-366.
- Ziyi Li & Xiaosong Zheng, 2017. "A Critical Study of Commercial Banks' Credit Risk Assessment and Management for SMEs: The Case of Agricultural Bank of China," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 6(2), pages 106-117, May.
- Charles O. Manasseh & Felicia C. Abada & Jonathan E. Ogbuabor & Josaphat U. J. Onwumere & Chinasa E. Urama & Okoro E. Okoro, 2018. "The Effects of Interest and Inflation Rates on Consumption Expenditure: Application of Consumer Spending Model," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 8(4), pages 32-38.
- Dilek Teker & ElÃ§in AykaÃ§ Alp & Oya Kent, 2012. "Long-Run Relation between Interest Rates and Inflation: Evidence from Turkey," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 2(6), pages 1-4.
- Ekrem Gul & Sezgin Acikalin, 2008. "An examination of the Fisher Hypothesis: the case of Turkey," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(24), pages 3227-3231.
- Salim Ergene, 2015. "Growth, inflation, interest rate and informality: Panel VAR evidence from OECD Economies," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 750-763.
- Paleologos, John M. & Georgantelis, Spyros E., 1999. "Does the Fisher Effect Apply in Greece? A Cointegration Analysis," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 52(2), pages 229-243.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- S, Surayya, 2018. "Alternative Specifications of Fisher Hypothesis: An Empirical Investigation," MPRA Paper 90320, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bosupeng, Mpho, 2016. "On The Fisher Effect: A Review," MPRA Paper 77916, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Bosupeng, Mpho & Biza-Khupe, Simangaliso, 2015. "The Impact of Money Supply Volatility on the Fisher Effect –A Botswana Empirical Perspective," MPRA Paper 77920, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Bosupeng, Mpho, 2015. "The Fisher Effect Using Differences in The Deterministic Term," MPRA Paper 77921, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Burcu Kiran, 2013. "A fractional cointegration analysis of Fisher hypothesis: evidence from Turkey," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 1077-1084, February.
- Muhammed TIRAŞOĞLU, 2018. "Fisher Hipotezinin MINT Ülkeleri İçin İncelenmesi: Eşik Değerli Adl Eşbütünleşme Testi Yaklaşımı," EKOIST Journal of Econometrics and Statistics, Istanbul University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 14(28), pages 31-43, December.
- Mohammed Saiful ISLAM & Mohammad Hasmat ALI, 2012. "Taylor Principle Supplements the Fisher Effect: Empirical Investigation under the US Context," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(1), pages 189-203, June.
- Yuki Toyoshima & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2011. "Panel cointegration analysis of the Fisher effect: Evidence from the US, the UK, and Japan," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2674-2682.
- Utku ALTUNÖZ, 2018. "Investigating the Presence of Fisher Effect for the China Economy," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 26(35).
- Nektarios Aslanidis & Selva Demiralp, 2020. "Has the Financial Crisis affected the Real Interest Rate Dynamics in Europe?," Journal of Business Cycle Research, Springer;Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys (CIRET), vol. 16(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Jesús Clemente & María Dolores Gadea & Antonio Montañés & Marcelo Reyes, 2017.
"Structural Breaks, Inflation and Interest Rates: Evidence from the G7 Countries,"
Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Jesus Clemente & Antonio Montañes & Marcelo Reyes, 2004. "Structural Breaks, Inflation and Interest Rates: Evidence for the G7 countries," Econometrics 0401005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- İsmet Göçer & Serdar Ongan, 2020. "Asymmetric Impacts of Inflation on the US Bond Rates and FED’s Pre-Emptive Policy," Econometric Research in Finance, SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis, vol. 5(2), pages 143-157, December.
- Giorgio Canarella & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Rangan Gupta & Stephen M. Miller, 2020. "The Behavior of Real Interest Rates: New Evidence from a ``Suprasecular" Perspective," Working Papers 202093, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Erik Hjalmarsson & Pär Österholm, 2010. "Testing for cointegration using the Johansen methodology when variables are near-integrated: size distortions and partial remedies," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 51-76, August.
- Gawon Yoon, 2010. "Does nonlinearity help resolve the Fisher effect puzzle?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(8), pages 823-828.
- Hüseyin Şen & Ayşe Kaya & Savaş Kaptan & Metehan Cömert, 2019. "Interest rates, inflation, and exchange rates in fragile EMEs: A fresh look at the long-run interrelationships," Working Papers halshs-02095652, HAL.
- Tolga Omay & Ayşegül Çorakcı & Furkan Emirmahmutoglu, 2017. "Real interest rates: nonlinearity and structural breaks," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 283-307, February.
- Takayasu Ito, 2009. "Fisher Hypothesis in Japan: Analysis of Long‐term Interest Rates under Different Monetary Policy Regimes," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(7), pages 1019-1035, July.
- Kose, Nezir & Emirmahmutoglu, Furkan & Aksoy, Sezgin, 2012. "The interest rate–inflation relationship under an inflation targeting regime: The case of Turkey," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 476-485.
- Devarakonda, S. & Chittineni, J., 2019. "Does Insurance Promote Economic Growth? Evidence from BRICS Countries," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 8(3), pages 135-146, September.
More about this item
Keywordsbankruptcy; business; ethics; manager; appropriation economics; social inequalities;
All these keywords.
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ods:journl:v:7:y:2018:i:4:p:214-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dmonaua.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Anatoliy G. Goncharuk (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dmonaua.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.