The transmission mechanism of New Zealand monetary policy
In the first of two articles on the transmission mechanism of New Zealand monetary policy, we provide a detailed account of the process by which changes in the Reserve Bank’s primary monetary policy instrument, the Official Cash Rate (OCR), eventually come to influence the general level of prices. As such, the article is a guide to how the Bank perceives policy decisions to propagate through the New Zealand economy, and to the relative weight it assigns to the strengths of the various channels that together comprise the transmission mechanism. A second article, to be published in a forthcoming issue of the Bulletin, considers how this mechanism may have changed over time and how this has influenced the implementation of monetary policy in the most recent business cycle.
Volume (Year): 70 (2007)
Issue (Month): (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 2498, Wellington|
Phone: 64 4 471-3767
Fax: 64 4 471-2270
Web page: http://www.rbnz.govt.nz
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leslie Hull, 2003. "Financial deregulation and household indebtedness," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2003/01, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Robert A Buckle & Kunhong Kim & Nathan McLellan, 2003.
"The impact of monetary policy on New Zealand business cycles and inflation variability,"
Treasury Working Paper Series
03/09, New Zealand Treasury.
- Nathan McLellan & Robert A Buckle & Kunhong Kim, 2004. "The impact of monetary policy on New Zealand business cycles and inflation variability," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 594, Econometric Society.
- Aaron Drew & Mike Kennedy & Torsten Sløk, 2004. "Differences in Resilience Between the Euro-Area and US Economies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 382, OECD Publishing.
- Michael Graff, 2004. "Estimates of the output gap in real time: how well have we been doing?," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP 2004/04, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Aaron Drew, 2007. "New Zealand's productivity performance and prospects," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 70, pages -, March.
- Anella Munro, 2004. "What drives the New Zealand dollar?," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 67, june.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nzb:nzbbul:june2007:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.