O conceito clássico de poupança e a Escola de Estocolmo [The classical concept of saving and the Stockholm School]
This paper explores the connections between the theories of the Stockhom School and the economic orthodoxy of the 1930’s. First, we reconstitute the classical, Cambridge and Wicksell’s conceptions on saving and its relations with investment. Next, we define the unifying principle behind the analyses of these different approaches as regards the stability of macroeconomic dynamics. After that, we compare the orthodox theories of saving with Lindahl, Myrdal and Ohlin’s views on wicksellian cumulative processes. The main conclusion is that the Swedish authors, when dealing with crucial points of their models, stayed too close to the traditional economic thought then in vogue, impairing thus the capacitity of their own theories to become a true anticipation of the keynesian ideas.
Volume (Year): 11 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 - Predio da FACE Belo Horizonte, 31270-901 Brazil|
Phone: +55 31 3409-7000
Web page: http://www.face.ufmg.br/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 - Predio da FACE Belo Horizonte, 31270-901 Brazil|
Web: http://www.face.ufmg.br/novaeconomia/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. G. Fry, 1978. "Comment," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 1(60), pages 14-15, December.
- T. G. Parry, 1978. "Comment," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 1(57), pages 39-41, 01.
- Bertil Ohlin & Hans J. Brems & William P. Yohe, 1978. "On the Formulation of Monetary Theory∗," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 353-388, Fall.
- R. A. Jolly, 1978. "Comment," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 1(60), pages 38-42, December.
- M. T. Skully, 1978. "Comment," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 1(57), pages 58-59, 01.
- Siven, Claes-Henric, 1985. " The End of the Stockholm School," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 577-593.
- Ohlin, Bertil, 1978. " Keynesian Economics and the Stockholm School: A Comment on Don Patinkin's Paper," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 80(2), pages 144-147.
- G. L. S. Shackle, 1945. "Myrdal'S Analysis Of Monetary Equilibrium," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 0(1), pages 47-66.
- C. D. Throsby, 1978. "Comment," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 1(57), pages 26-28, 01.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nov:artigo:v:11:y:2001:i:2:p:51-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bárbara Freitas Paglioto)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.