Macroeconomics - Which Way Now?
Recent developments in macroeconomics are reviewed, and it is argued that a better understanding of the role of market failures and institutions is a major achievement. The insights in when and how policy intervention may be called for have thus been improved. However, the progress does not imply that we are approaching a situation where business cycles can be “controlled”; rather it implies that we better understand why this would be very difficult if not impossible.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew C. Caplin & Daniel F. Spulber, 1987.
"Menu Costs and the Neutrality of Money,"
NBER Working Papers
2311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J & Grossman, Herschel I, 1971. "A General Disequilibrium Model of Income and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 82-93, March.
- Cogley, Timothy & Nason, James M, 1995.
"Output Dynamics in Real-Business-Cycle Models,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 492-511, June.
- John B. Taylor, 1998.
"Staggered Price and Wage Setting in Macroeconomics,"
NBER Working Papers
6754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taylor, John B., 1999. "Staggered price and wage setting in macroeconomics," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 1009-1050 Elsevier.
- Dreze, Jacques H, 1975. "Existence of an Exchange Equilibrium under Price Rigidities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(2), pages 301-20, June.
- J. M. Keynes, 1937. "The General Theory of Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 209-223.
- Hahn, Frank, 1981. "Reflections on the Invisible Hand," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 196, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:noj:journl:v:30:y:2004:p:3-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Halvor Mehlum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.