Macroeconomics - Which Way Now?
Recent developments in macroeconomics are reviewed, and it is argued that a better understanding of the role of market failures and institutions is a major achievement. The insights in when and how policy intervention may be called for have thus been improved. However, the progress does not imply that we are approaching a situation where business cycles can be “controlled”; rather it implies that we better understand why this would be very difficult if not impossible.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taylor, John B., 1999.
"Staggered price and wage setting in macroeconomics,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 1009-1050
- John B. Taylor, 1998. "Staggered Price and Wage Setting in Macroeconomics," NBER Working Papers 6754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew S. Caplin & Daniel F. Spulber, 1987.
"Menu Costs and the Neutrality of Money,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 102(4), pages 703-725.
- Cogley, Timothy & Nason, James M, 1995.
"Output Dynamics in Real-Business-Cycle Models,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 492-511, June.
- Barro, Robert J & Grossman, Herschel I, 1971. "A General Disequilibrium Model of Income and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 82-93, March.
- Hahn, Frank, 1981. "Reflections on the Invisible Hand," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 196, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- J. M. Keynes, 1937. "The General Theory of Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 209-223.
- DREZE, Jacques H., "undated".
"Existence of an exchange equilibrium under price rigidites,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
225, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dreze, Jacques H, 1975. "Existence of an Exchange Equilibrium under Price Rigidities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(2), pages 301-320, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:noj:journl:v:30:y:2004:p:3-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Halvor Mehlum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.