Dynamic models with non clearing markets
Abstract This article studies a new class of models which synthesize the two traditions of general equilibrium with nonclearing markets and imperfect competition on the one hand, and dynamic stochastic general equilibrium (DSGE) models on the other hand. This line of models has become a central paradigm of modern macroeconomics for at least three reasons: (a) it displays solid microeconomic foundations, (b) it is a highly synthetic theory, which combines in a unified framework general equilibrium, nonclearing markets, imperfect competition, growth theory and rational expectations, (c) it is also an empirical success, leading to substantial progress towards matching real world statistics.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00590433|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K. Huang & Z. Liu, .
"Staggered price-setting, staggered wage-setting, and business cycle persistence,"
2000-28, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Huang, Kevin X. D. & Liu, Zheng, 2002. "Staggered price-setting, staggered wage-setting, and business cycle persistence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 405-433, March.
- Cho, Jang-Ok & Cooley, Thomas F, 1995.
"The Business Cycle with Nominal Contracts,"
Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 13-33, June.
- Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Portier, Franck, 1993.
"Money, New-Keynesian macroeconomics and the business cycle,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1533-1568, December.
- Hairault, J.O. & Portier, F., 1992. "Money New-Keynesian Macroeconomics and the Business Cycles," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 92.32, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1976. "Wage indexation: A macroeconomic approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 221-235, April.
- Yun, Tack, 1996. "Nominal price rigidity, money supply endogeneity, and business cycles," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 345-370, April.
- Ascari, G., 1997.
"Optimizing Agents, Staggered Wages and Persistence in the Real Effects of Money Shocks,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
486, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ascari, Guido, 2000. "Optimising Agents, Staggered Wages and Persistence in the Real Effects of Money Shocks," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 664-86, July.
- Collard, Fabrice & Ertz, Guy, 1996.
"Stochastic Nominal Wage Contacts in a Cash-in-Advance Model,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1997017, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Jul 1997.
- Fabrice COLLARD & Guy ERTZ, 2000. "Stochastic Nominal Wage Contracts in a Cash-in-Advance model," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2000032, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Cogley, Timothy & Nason, James M, 1995.
"Output Dynamics in Real-Business-Cycle Models,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 492-511, June.
- Ascari, Guido & Rankin, Neil, 2002.
"Staggered wages and output dynamics under disinflation,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 653-680, April.
- Ascari, G. & Rankin, N., 2000. "Staggered Wages and Output Dynamics under Disinflation," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 557, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Cogley, Timothy & Nason, James M., 1993. "Impulse dynamics and propagation mechanisms in a real business cycle model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 77-81.
- Jang-Ok Cho, 1993. "Money and Business Cycle with One-Period Nominal Contracts," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(3), pages 638-59, August.
- Jang-Ok Cho & Thomas Cooley & Louis Phaneuf, 1994.
"The Welfare Costs of Nominal Wage Contracting,"
Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers
30, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal, revised 22 Jan 1996.
- JASKOLD GABSZEWICZ, Jean & VIAL, Jean-Philippe, .
"Oligopoly "Ã la Cournot" in a general equilibrium analysis,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
106, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, Jean & Vial, Jean-Philippe, 1972. "Oligopoly "A la cournot" in a general equilibrium analysis," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 381-400, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-00590433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.