Economic Development and Environmental Impact Disparities among Russia's Regions
The paper contains analysis of disparities in environmental impact among Russia's regions and its relation to the production growth over the years 2000-2007. Standard measures of inequality (Lorenz Curve, Gini coefficient, Atkinson index, Theil index) are applied to per capita environmental and economic characteristics, such as air pollution, sewage volume, wastes volume, gross regional product. Space autocorrelation of these indicators by region is also evaluated.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- White, Thomas J., 2007. "Sharing resources: The global distribution of the Ecological Footprint," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 402-410, December.
- Hedenus, Fredrik & Azar, Christian, 2005. "Estimates of trends in global income and resource inequalities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 351-364, November.
- Stymne, Susanna & Jackson, Tim, 2000. "Intra-generational equity and sustainable welfare: a time series analysis for the UK and Sweden," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 219-236, May.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975, March.
- Kakamu, Kazuhiko & Fukushige, Mototsugu, 2005. "Divergence or convergence?: Income inequality between cities, towns and villages in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 407-416, December.
- Ruitenbeek, H. Jack, 1996. "Distribution of ecological entitlements: Implications for economic security and population movement," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 49-64, April.
- Glazyrina, Irina & Glazyrin, Vasiliy & Vinnichenko, Sergey, 2006. "The polluter pays principle and potential conflicts in society," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 324-330, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2010:i:7:p:70-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.