The Interrelationship of FDI and GDP in European Transition Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Mr. Jose De Gregorio & Mr. Eduardo Borensztein, 1994. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth," IMF Working Papers 1994/110, International Monetary Fund.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Hu, Yi & Xiao, Jin & Deng, Ying & Xiao, Yi & Wang, Shouyang, 2015. "Domestic air passenger traffic and economic growth in China: Evidence from heterogeneous panel models," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 95-100.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Puente-Ajovín, Miguel & Sanso-Navarro, Marcos, 2015. "Granger causality between debt and growth: Evidence from OECD countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 66-77.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1992. "What Explains Developing Country Growth?," NBER Working Papers 4132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Velibor Mačkić & Blanka Škrabić Perić & Petar Sorić, 2014. "Systemic competitiveness of post-socialist and capitalist economies: a broader look at the competitiveness debate," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 477-497, December.
- Jože Mencinger, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Always Enhance Economic Growth?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 491-508, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Madalina-Gabriela ANGHEL & Constantin ANGHELACHE & Doina AVRAM & Doina BUREA, 2017. "Foreign Direct Investment As An Accumulated Share Of National Wealth," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 65(10), pages 37-46, October.
- Constantin Anghelache & Alexandru Manole & Madalina-Gabriela Anghel & Emilia Stanciu & Alexandru Ursache, 2017. "Some Significant Macroeconomic Evolutions at the End of 2016," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 7(1), pages 213-224, January.
- Andrzej Cieślik & Oleg Gurshev, 2021. "Factor Endowments, Economic Integration, Round-Tripping, and Inward FDI: Evidence from the Baltic Economies," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(8), pages 1-26, July.
- Mariia Shkolnykova & Lasse Steffens & Jan Wedemeier, 2022. "Systems of Innovation in Central and Eastern European countries: Path of Economic Transition and Differences in Institutions," Bremen Papers on Economics & Innovation 2209, University of Bremen, Faculty of Business Studies and Economics.
- Constantin Anghelache & Aurelian DIACONU & Andreea Ioana MARINESCU & Marius POPOVICI, 2016. "Comparative study of the evolution of the Gross Domestic Product indicator," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 64(12), pages 165-172, December.
- Constantin ANGHELACH & Ioan PARTACHI & Cristina SACALÃ & Alexandru URSACHE, 2016. "Using econometric models in the analysis of the correlation between the evolution of the Gross Domestic Product and Foreign Direct Investments," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 64(10), pages 124-129, October.
- Constantin ANGHELACHE & Madalina Gabriela ANGHEL, 2017. "Econometric Methods And Models Used In The Analysis Of The Factorial Influence Of The Gross Domestic Product Growth," Network Intelligence Studies, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 9, pages 67-78, June.
- Anna Kislovska & Rima Tamošiūnienė, 2016. "Economic Multiplier Effect of Shared Service Centres," Ekonomika a Management, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2016(4).
- Anghelache Constantin & Anghel Madalina-Gabriela, 2018. "Analysis Of The Evolution Of Result Indicators In The Member States Of The European Union," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 6, pages 15-22, December.
- Madalina-Gabriela ANGHEL & Constantin Anghelache & Tudor SAMSON & Radu STOICA, 2016. "Analysis of index prices of population consumption reveals a moderation through fiscal measures," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 64(12), pages 148-156, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dierk Herzer & Stephan Klasen & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D., 2006.
"In search of FDI-led growth in developing countries,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
150, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Klasen, Stephan & Herzer, Dierk & Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas, 2007. "In search of FDI-led growth in developing countries," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 14, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Gál, Zoltán, 2019. "Az FDI szerepe a gazdasági növekedés és a beruházások területi differenciálódásában Magyarországon [The foreign direct investment role in Hungarys economic growth and territorial differentiation of," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 653-686.
- Roghieh Gholami & Sang‐Yong Tom Lee & Almas Heshmati, 2006.
"The Causal Relationship Between Information and Communication Technology and Foreign Direct Investment,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 43-62, January.
- Roghieh Gholami & Sang-Yong Lee & Almas Heshmati, 2003. "The Causal Relationship between Information and Communication Technology and Foreign Direct Investment," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2003-30, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Roghieh Gholami & Sang-Yong Tom Lee & Almas Heshmati, 2010. "The Causal Relationship between Information and Communication Technology and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers id:3196, eSocialSciences.
- M. Tahir Suleman & M. Talha Amin, 2015. "The Impact of Sectoral Foreign Direct Investment on Industrial Economic Growth of Pakistan," Journal of Management Sciences, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 2(1), pages 102-123, March.
- Latif Khalilov & Chae-Deug Yi, 2020. "Is Foreign Direct Investment a Real Driving Force of Economic Growth? A Panel Data Analysis," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, vol. 12(3), pages 273-299, September.
- Burcu ŞENALP, 2018. "Foreign Direct Investment, Economic Growth and Economic Freedom: A Literature Survey," Istanbul Journal of Economics-Istanbul Iktisat Dergisi, Istanbul University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 68(2), pages 301-336, December.
- Bibhuti Sarker & Farid Khan, 2020. "Nexus between foreign direct investment and economic growth in Bangladesh: an augmented autoregressive distributed lag bounds testing approach," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 6(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Li, Haiqi & Zhong, Wanling & Park, Sung Y., 2016. "Generalized cross-spectral test for nonlinear Granger causality with applications to money–output and price–volume relations," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 661-671.
- Oktay KIZILKAYA & Ahmet AY & Gökhan AKAR, 2016. "Dynamic relationship among foreign direct investments, human capital, economic freedom and economic growth: Evidence from panel cointegration and panel causality analysis," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(3(608), A), pages 127-140, Autumn.
- Calcedonia Enache & Fernando Merino, 2017. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Romania: a Quantitative Approach," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(44), pages 275-275, February.
- Paula Neto & António Brandão & António Cerqueira, 2008. "The Impact of FDI, Cross Border Mergers and Acquisitions and Greenfield Investments on Economic Growth," FEP Working Papers 291, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Maite Alguacil & Ana Cuadros & Vicente Orts, 2004. "Does saving really matter for growth? Mexico (1970-2000)," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 281-290.
- Jeffrey A. Edwards & Alfredo A. Romero & Zagros Madjd-Sadjadi, 2016. "Foreign direct investment, economic growth, and volatility: a useful model for policymakers," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 681-705, September.
- Abdelhafidh, Samir, 2013. "Potential financing sources of investment and economic growth in North African countries: A causality analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 150-169.
- Chee-Keong Choong, 2012. "Does domestic financial development enhance the linkages between foreign direct investment and economic growth?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 819-834, June.
- Jeffrey A. EDWARDS & Cephas B. NAANWAAB & Alfredo A. ROMERO, 2017. "Effect of FDI on real per capita GDP Growth: A Rolling Window Panel Analysis of 60 countries, 1982-2011," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 17(1), pages 19-36.
- Jong Hae Choi & Yong Hwa Park, 2020. "Investigating Paradigm Shift from Price to Value in the Air Cargo Market," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(23), pages 1-15, December.
- Temiz, Dilek & Gökmen, Aytaç, 2014. "FDI inflow as an international business operation by MNCs and economic growth: An empirical study on Turkey," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 145-154.
- Debashis Chakraborty & Jaydeep Mukherjee, 2012. "Is There Any Relationship Between Foreign Direct Investment, Domestic Investment and Economic Growth in India? A Time Series Analysis," Review of Market Integration, India Development Foundation, vol. 4(3), pages 309-337, December.
- M. Tahir Suleman, Muhammad Talha Amin, 2015. "The Impact of Sectoral Foreign Direct Investment on Industrial Economic Growth of Pakistan," Journal of Management Sciences, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 2(1), pages 151-165, March.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; GDP Growth; Granger Causality; VAR;
All these keywords.
- M00 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mgs:ijmsba:v:1:y:2015:i:4:p:41-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://researchleap.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Bojan Obrenovic (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://researchleap.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.