An Investigation of the Effectiveness of Financial Development in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shandre M. Thangavelu & Ang Beng Jiunn & James, 2004. "Financial development and economic growth in Australia: An empirical analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 247-260, May.
- Roger Atindehou & Jean Pierre Gueyie & Edoh Kossi Amenounve, 2005. "Financial intermediation and economic growth: evidence from Western Africa," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(11), pages 777-790.
- Calderon, Cesar & Liu, Lin, 2003.
"The direction of causality between financial development and economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 321-334, October.
- César Calderón & Lin Liu, 2002. "The Direction of Causality Between Financial Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 184, Central Bank of Chile.
- Arestis, Philip & Demetriades, Panicos O, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 783-799, May.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Philip Arestis, 1996. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/16, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2004. "Financial development and economic growth: evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 55-74, February.
- Ang, James B. & McKibbin, Warwick J., 2007.
"Financial liberalization, financial sector development and growth: Evidence from Malaysia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 215-233, September.
- James B. Ang & Warwick J. McKibbin, 2005. "Financial Liberalization, Financial Sector Development And Growth: Evidence From Malaysia," CAMA Working Papers 2005-05, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Arestis, Philip, et al, 2002.
"The Impact of Financial Liberalization Policies on Financial Development: Evidence from Developing Economies,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 109-121, April.
- Philip Arestis & Panicos O. Demetriades & Bassam Fattouh & Kostas Mouratidis, 2002. "The Impact of Financial Liberalisation Policies on Financial Development Evidence from Developing Economies," Discussion Papers in Economics 02/1, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Min Shrestha & Khorshed Chowdhury, 2007. "Testing financial liberalization hypothesis with ARDL modelling approach," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(18), pages 1529-1540.
- Chien-Hsun Chen, 2002. "Interest rates, savings and income in the Chinese economy," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 59-74, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mushtaq, Saba, 2016. "Causality between Bank’s major activities and Economic Growth: Evidences from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 69052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ijaz Rehman & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2014.
"Multivariate-based Granger causality between financial deepening and poverty: the case of Pakistan,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology,
Springer, vol. 48(6), pages 3221-3241, November.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ur Rehman, Ijaz, 2013. "Multivariate–Based Granger Causality between Financial Deepening and Poverty: The Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 50834, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Oct 2013.
- Ijaz Ur Rehman & Muhammad Shahbaz & Phouphet Kyophilavong, 2016.
"Do Technological Development and Financial Development Promote Economic Growth: Fresh Evidence from Romania,"
International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER),
The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 4(2), pages 60-76, February.
- Ur Rehman, Ijaz & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Kyophilavong, Phouphet, 2013. "Do Technological Developments and Financial Development Promote Economic Growth: Fresh Evidence from Romania," MPRA Paper 51813, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Nov 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Development; Financial Development; Causality.;
- C59 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Other
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lje:journl:v:13:y:2008:i:2:p:27-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shahid Salahuddin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsecopk.html .