Major Determinants and Potential Impacts of FDI on Japan’s Economic Growth
As in the last years there has been observed a relative growth in the levels of inward FDI inflows in Japan, the aim of the present paper is to analyze the beneficial role of the Japanese inward investment for the country’s sustainable economic development. In our research, we will focus on revealing the main determinants that have contributed towards this increment in inward FDI, pointing out the comparative advantages of Japan over the other developed countries (national investment- friendly policies, political stability, technological infrastructure etc.). Furthermore, the analysis will underline the potential political measures that Japanese government may undertake in order to further increase the FDI inflows in the country, highlighting also the potential risks for the sustainable growth.
Volume (Year): 6 (2014)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Splaiul Unirii nr. 176, sector 4, Bucuresti|
Web page: http://fbc.ucdc.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E. Baldwin, 2004.
"Openness and Growth: What's the Empirical Relationship?,"
in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 499-526
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Baldwin, 2003. "Openness and Growth: What's the Empirical Relationship?," NBER Working Papers 9578, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elhanan Helpman, 2006.
"Trade, FDI, and the Organization of Firms,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 44(3), pages 589-630, September.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 2006. "Trade, FDI and the Organization of Firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 5589, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Elhanan Helpman, 2006. "Trade, FDI, and the Organization of Firms," NBER Working Papers 12091, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elhanan Helpman, 2006. "Trade, FDI, and the Organization of Firms," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2118, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Theodore H. Moran & Edward M. Graham & Magnus Blomstrom, 2005. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Promote Development?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 3810.
- Paprzycki,Ralph & Fukao,Kyoji, 2008.
"Foreign Direct Investment in Japan,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521873680.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:khe:journl:v:6:y:2014:i:2:p:63-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adi Sava)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.