Expected discounted utility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Harvey, 1986. "Value Functions for Infinite-Period Planning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(9), pages 1123-1139, September.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1974. "Risk aversion with many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 361-388, July.
- Steffen Andersen & Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & E. Elisabet RutstrÃ¶m, 2018. "Multiattribute Utility Theory, Intertemporal Utility, And Correlation Aversion," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 59(2), pages 537-555, May.
- Menahem E. Yaari, 1965. "Uncertain Lifetime, Life Insurance, and the Theory of the Consumer," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(2), pages 137-150.
- Pavlo Blavatskyy, 2013. "A Simple Behavioral Characterization of Subjective Expected Utility," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 61(4), pages 932-940, August.
- Hayashi, Takashi, 2003. "Quasi-stationary cardinal utility and present bias," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 343-352, October.
- Harvey, Charles M. & Østerdal, Lars Peter, 2012.
"Discounting models for outcomes over continuous time,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 284-294.
- Charles M. Harvey & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2011. "Discounting Models for Outcomes over Continuous Time," Discussion Papers 11-12, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Blavatskyy, Pavlo R., 2017. "Probabilistic intertemporal choice," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 142-148.
- Kopylov, Igor, 2010. "Simple axioms for countably additive subjective probability," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 867-876, September.
- Pavlo R. Blavatskyy & Hela Maafi, 2018. "Estimating representations of time preferences and models of probabilistic intertemporal choice on experimental data," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 259-287, June.
- Young, Eric R., 2007. "Generalized quasi-geometric discounting," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 343-350, September.
- George Loewenstein & Drazen Prelec, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-597.
- Blavatskyy, Pavlo, 2015. "Intertemporal choice with different short-term and long-term discount factors," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 139-143.
- Pavlo Blavatskyy, 2018. "Temporal dominance and relative patience in intertemporal choice," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 65(2), pages 361-384, March.
- Nina Anchugina, 2017. "A simple framework for the axiomatization of exponential and quasi-hyperbolic discounting," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 82(2), pages 185-210, February.
- Epstein, Larry G., 1983. "Stationary cardinal utility and optimal growth under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 133-152, October.
- Kreps, David M & Porteus, Evan L, 1978.
"Temporal Resolution of Uncertainty and Dynamic Choice Theory,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 185-200, January.
- David M Kreps & Evan L Porteus, 1978. "Temporal Resolution of Uncertainty and Dynamic Choice Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 625018000000000009, David K. Levine.
- Patrick DeJarnette & David Dillenberger & Daniel Gottlieb & Pietro Ortoleva, 2014. "Time Lotteries and Stochastic Impatience," PIER Working Paper Archive 18-021, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 13 Jun 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsChoice under risk; Lottery; Expected utility theory; Intertemporal choice; Discounted utility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:theord:v:88:y:2020:i:2:d:10.1007_s11238-019-09718-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.