Role of Forgetting in Memory-Based Choice Decisions: A Structural Model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lynch, John G, Jr & Marmorstein, Howard & Weigold, Michael F, 1988. " Choices from Sets Including Remembered Brands: Use of Recalled Attributes and Prior Overall Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 169-184, September.
- Nitin Mehta & Surendra Rajiv & Kannan Srinivasan, 2003. "Price Uncertainty and Consumer Search: A Structural Model of Consideration Set Formation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 58-84, June.
- Miller, Robert A, 1984. "Job Matching and Occupational Choice," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(6), pages 1086-1120, December.
- Biehal, Gabriel & Chakravarti, Dipankar, 1983. " Information Accessibility as a Moderator of Consumer Choice," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 1-14, June.
- Peter M. Guadagni & John D. C. Little, 1983. "A Logit Model of Brand Choice Calibrated on Scanner Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 203-238.
- Tülin Erdem & Michael P. Keane, 1996. "Decision-Making Under Uncertainty: Capturing Dynamic Brand Choice Processes in Turbulent Consumer Goods Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 1-20.
- Park, C Whan & Iyer, Easwar S & Smith, Daniel C, 1989. " The Effects of Situational Factors on In-Store Grocery Shopping Behavior: The Role of Store Environment and Time Available for Shopping," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 422-433, March.
- Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "A Memory-Based Model of Bounded Rationality," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(3), pages 735-774.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Szymanowski, M.G., 2009. "Consumption-based learning about brand quality : Essays on how private labels share and borrow reputation," Other publications TiSEM b12825d8-5e21-4437-adda-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Brett R. Gordon, 2009. "A Dynamic Model of Consumer Replacement Cycles in the PC Processor Industry," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(5), pages 846-867, 09-10.
- Nuno Camacho & Bas Donkers & Stefan Stremersch, 2011. "Predictably Non-Bayesian: Quantifying Salience Effects in Physician Learning About Drug Quality," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 305-320, 03-04.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:81:y:2018:i:c:p:150-168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yuxin Chen & Ganesh Iyer & Amit Pazgal, 2010. "Limited Memory, Categorization, and Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(4), pages 650-670, 07-08.
- Cleeren, K. & Dekimpe, M.G. & Helsen, K., 2008. "Weathering product-harm crises," Other publications TiSEM 283b51f8-dd35-4a10-930a-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:30:y:2013:i:3:p:219-235 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ching, Andrew & Ishihara, Masakazu, 2007. "The Effects of Detailing on Prescribing Decisions under Two-Sided Learning," MPRA Paper 4935, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eelco Kappe & Ashley Stadler Blank & Wayne S. DeSarbo, 2014. "A General Multiple Distributed Lag Framework for Estimating the Dynamic Effects of Promotions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(6), pages 1489-1510, June.
- Andrew Ching & Masakazu Ishihara, 2010. "The effects of detailing on prescribing decisions under quality uncertainty," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 123-165, June.
- Andrew T. Ching & Tülin Erdem & Michael P. Keane, 2013. "Invited Paper ---Learning Models: An Assessment of Progress, Challenges, and New Developments," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(6), pages 913-938, November.
- Sofia Berto Villas-Boas & J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2008.
"Learning, Forgetting, and Sales,"
INFORMS, vol. 54(11), pages 1951-1960, November.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Villas-Boas, Miguel, 2006. "Learning, Forgetting, and Sales," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7td275hv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Villas-Boas, J Miguel, 2008. "Learning, Forgetting, and Sales," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt01v2r04t, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Yilmaz Kocer, 2010. "Endogenous Learning with Bounded Memory," Working Papers 1290, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Econometric Research Program..
- Peter Stüttgen & Peter Boatwright & Robert T. Monroe, 2012. "A Satisficing Choice Model," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(6), pages 878-899, November.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:34:y:2017:i:3:p:694-716 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raphael Thomadsen & Pradeep Bhardwaj, 2011. "Cooperation in Games with Forgetfulness," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(2), pages 363-375, February.
- Sangwoo Shin & Sanjog Misra & Dan Horsky, 2012. "Disentangling Preferences and Learning in Brand Choice Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(1), pages 115-137, January.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:88:y:2012:i:1:p:88-101 is not listed on IDEAS
- S. Sriram & Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Puneet Manchanda, 2015. "Service Quality Variability and Termination Behavior," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(11), pages 2739-2759, November.
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian learning; forgetting; quality uncertainty; structural modeling; econometric estimation and memory-based choice decisions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:qmktec:v:2:y:2004:i:2:p:107-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.