An Empirical Note on Economic Freedom and Income Inequality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1996.
"A New Data Set Measuring Income Inequality,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(3), pages 565-591, September.
- Klaus Deininger & Lyn Squire, 1996. "A New Data Set Measuring Income Inequality," CEMA Working Papers 512, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Hongyi Li & Lyn Squire & Tao Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 1999. "A Data Set on Income Distribution," CEMA Working Papers 575, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- de Haan, Jakob & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 2000.
"On the relationship between economic freedom and economic growth,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 215-241, June.
- Haan, Jakob de & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 1999. "On the relationship between economic freedom and economic growth," CCSO Working Papers 199903, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2001.
"International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 541-563, July.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment Updates and Implications," NBER Working Papers 7911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berggren, Niclas, 1999. "Economic Freedom and Equality: Friends or Foes?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 100(3-4), pages 203-223, September.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2005. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521848053, June.
- Wood Júnior, Thomaz, 1995. "Workers," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 35(2), March.
- World Bank, 2005. "World Development Indicators 2005," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12426.
- Mathias Thoenig & Thierry Verdier, 2003.
"A Theory of Defensive Skill-Biased Innovation and Globalization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 709-728, June.
- Thoenig, Mathias & Verdier, Thierry, 2002. "A Theory of Defensive Skill-based Innovation and Globalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 3416, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:12425 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Brandolini & Anthony B. Atkinson, 2001. "Promise and Pitfalls in the Use of "Secondary" Data-Sets: Income Inequality in OECD Countries As a Case Study," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 771-799, September.
- Adrian Wood, 1995. "How Trade Hurt Unskilled Workers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 57-80, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joshua C. Hall & Robert A. Lawson, 2014. "Economic Freedom Of The World: An Accounting Of The Literature," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Jan-Egbert Sturm & Jakob De Haan, 2015.
"Income Inequality, Capitalism, and Ethno-linguistic Fractionalization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 593-597, May.
- Jan-Egbert Sturm & Jakob de Haan, 2014. "Income inequality, capitalism and ethno-linguistic fractionalization," KOF Working papers 14-370, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Jan-Egbert Sturm & Jakob de Haan, 2015. "Income Inequality, Capitalism and Ethno-Linguistic Fractionalization," CESifo Working Paper Series 5169, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:spr:jhappi:v:18:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10902-016-9770-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kristina Nyström, 2008.
"The institutions of economic freedom and entrepreneurship: evidence from panel data,"
Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 269-282, September.
- Nyström, Kristina, 2008. "The Institutions of Economic Freedom and Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Panel Data," Ratio Working Papers 114, The Ratio Institute.
- Swati Saini & Meeta Mehra, 2018.
"Impact of strengthening Intellectual Property Rights Regime on income inequality: An Econometric Analysis,"
AccessEcon, vol. 38(4), pages 1703-1719.
- Saini, Swati & Mehra, Meeta K, 2014. "Impact of strengthening Intellectual Property Rights Regime on income inequality: An econometric analysis," MPRA Paper 56710, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Jun 2014.
- Swati Saini & Meeta Keswani Mehra, 2016. "Impact of Strengthening Intellectual Property Rights Regime on Income Inequality: An Econometric Analysis," Working Papers id:10450, eSocialSciences.
- Jamie Bologna & Joshua C. Hall, 2014. "Economic Freedom Research: Some Comments and Suggestions," Working Papers 14-23, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese, 2010. "Do liberalization and globalization increase income inequality?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 488-505, December.
- Ahmad, Mahyudin, 2016. "Middle income trap and income inequality: Empirical evidence on the distributional effect of economic liberalization and political regime," MPRA Paper 76437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gary A. Hoover & Ryan A. Compton & Daniel C. Giedeman, 2015. "The Impact of Economic Freedom on the Black/White Income Gap," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 587-592, May.
- Joshua Hall, 2013. "Joseph Shaanan: Economic freedom and the American dream," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 565-567, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic freedom; Income inequality; Gini coefficient; Equality; Tradeoff; Country panel;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:130:y:2007:i:1:p:163-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.