When Can a News Organization Lead Public Opinion? Ideology versus Market Forces in Decisions to Make News
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ascensión Andina-Díaz, 2009.
"Media competition and information disclosure,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 33(2), pages 261-280, August.
- Ascensión Andina-Díaz & José A. García-Martínez, 2014. "Media silence, feedback power and reputation," Working Papers 2014-03, Universidad de Málaga, Department of Economic Theory, Málaga Economic Theory Research Center.
- Vincent Bignon & Marc Flandreau, 2012.
"The Price of Media Capture and the Looting of Newspapers in Interwar France,"
IHEID Working Papers
09-2012, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Bignon, Vincent & Flandreau, Marc, 2012. "The Price of Media Capture and the Looting of Newspapers in Interwar France," CEPR Discussion Papers 9014, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Petrova, Maria, 2012. "Mass media and special interest groups," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 17-38.
- John Lott & Kevin Hassett, 2014. "Is newspaper coverage of economic events politically biased?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 160(1), pages 65-108, July.
- repec:taf:oabmxx:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:1297212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bignon, Vincent & Flandreau, Marc, 2014.
"The Price of Media Capture and the Debasement of the French Newspaper Industry During the Interwar,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 74(03), pages 799-830, September.
- Vincent Bignon & Marc Flandreau, 2012. "The Price of Media Capture and the Looting of Newspapers in Interwar France," IHEID Working Papers 09-2012, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Vincent Bignon & Marc Flandreau, 2014. "The Price of Media Capture and the Debasement of the French Newspaper Industry during the Interwar," Post-Print hal-01410619, HAL.
- Marcel Garz, 2014. "Good news and bad news: evidence of media bias in unemployment reports," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 161(3), pages 499-515, December.
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:174:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0485-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baron, David P., 2004. "Persistent Media Bias," Research Papers 1845r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Petrova, Maria, 2008. "Inequality and media capture," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 183-212, February.
- Ascensión Andina-Díaz, 2007. "Reinforcement vs. change: The political influence of the media," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 65-81, April.
- Jiancai Pi, 2010. "Media Capture and Local Government Accountability," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(3), pages 273-283.
- Baron, David P., 2003. "Competing for the Public through the News Media," Research Papers 1808, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Matthias Heinz & Johan Swinnen, 2013. "Media Bias in Economic News: A Factor 20," LICOS Discussion Papers 33013, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Baron, David P., 2006. "Persistent media bias," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-2), pages 1-36, January.
- Garcia Pires, Armando J., 2014. "Media diversity, advertising, and adaptation of news to readers’ political preferences," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 28-38.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:113:y:2002:i:1-2:p:127-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.