Gender differences in new brand name response
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tina M. Lowrey & L. J. Shrum, 2007. "Phonetic Symbolism and Brand Name Preference," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 406-414, June.
- Zhang, Shi & Sood, Sanjay, 2002. " "Deep" and "Surface" Cues: Brand Extension Evaluations by Children and Adults," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 129-141, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ruth Pogacar & Emily Plant & Laura Rosulek & Michal Kouril, 2015. "Sounds good: Phonetic sound patterns in top brand names," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 549-563, December.
- Kevin M. Kniffin & Mitsuru Shimizu, 2016. "Sounds that make you smile and share: a phonetic key to prosociality and engagement," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 273-283, June.
- Richard Klink & Gerard Athaide, 2012. "Creating brand personality with brand names," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 109-117, March.
- Alina Duduciuc, 2015. "Advertising Brands By Means Of Sounds Symbolism: The Influence Of Vowels On Perceived Brand Characteristics," Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics Edition, "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau, Faculty of Economic Sciences, issue 21.
- Valentyna Melnyk & Stijn Osselaer, 2012. "Make me special: Gender differences in consumers’ responses to loyalty programs," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 545-559, September.
- Richard Klink & Lan Wu, 2014. "The role of position, type, and combination of sound symbolism imbeds in brand names," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 13-24, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBrand names; Gender; Sound symbolism;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:20:y:2009:i:3:p:313-326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.