From the entrepreneurial university to the university for the entrepreneurial society
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Audretsch, David B., 2009. "Emergence of the entrepreneurial society," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 505-511, September.
- David Audretsch, 2009. "The entrepreneurial society," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 245-254, June.
- Link, Albert N. & Siegel, Donald S., 2005. "University-based technology initiatives: Quantitative and qualitative evidence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 253-257, April.
- Audretsch, David B. & Keilbach, Max C. & Lehmann, Erik E., 2006. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183511.
- Donald S. Siegel & Reinhilde Veugelers & Mike Wright, 2007. "Technology transfer offices and commercialization of university intellectual property: performance and policy implications," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 640-660, Winter.
- Phillip Phan & Donald S. Siegel & Mike Wright, 2016.
"Science Parks and Incubators: Observations, Synthesis and Future Research,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: TECHNOLOGY ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND BUSINESS INCUBATION Theory • Practice • Lessons Learned, chapter 9, pages 249-272
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Phan, Phillip H. & Siegel, Donald S. & Wright, Mike, 2005. "Science parks and incubators: observations, synthesis and future research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-182, March.
- Kenney, Martin & Patton, Donald, 2009. "Reconsidering the Bayh-Dole Act and the Current University Invention Ownership Model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1407-1422, November.
- Audretsch, David, 2009. "The Emergence of the Entrepreneurial Society: The 2008 Geary Lecture," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 40(3), pages 255-268.
- Rory O’Shea & Harveen Chugh & Thomas Allen, 2008. "Determinants and consequences of university spinoff activity: a conceptual framework," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(6), pages 653-666, December.
- Aldridge, T. Taylor & Audretsch, David, 2011. "The Bayh-Dole Act and scientist entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1058-1067, October.
- Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike & Franklin, Stephen, 2003. "Technology Transfer and Universities' Spin-Out Strategies," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 185-200, March.
- Nelson, Richard R, 1981. "Research on Productivity Growth and Productivity Differences: Dead Ends and New Departures," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 1029-1064, September.
- Lockett, Andy & Siegel, Donald & Wright, Mike & Ensley, Michael D., 2005. "The creation of spin-off firms at public research institutions: Managerial and policy implications," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 981-993, September.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David B. Audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann & Stefano Paleari & Silvio Vismara, 2016. "Entrepreneurial finance and technology transfer," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 1-9, February.
- repec:spr:intemj:v:13:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11365-016-0401-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Tommaso Minola & Davide Donina & Michele Meoli, 2016. "Students climbing the entrepreneurial ladder: Does university internationalization pay off?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 565-587, October.
- Maribel Guerrero & David Urbano & Alain Fayolle, 2016. "Entrepreneurial activity and regional competitiveness: evidence from European entrepreneurial universities," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 105-131, February.
- Heiko Bergmann, 2017. "The formation of opportunity beliefs among university entrepreneurs: an empirical study of research- and non-research-driven venture ideas," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 116-140, February.
- Heiko Bergmann & Christian Hundt & Rolf Sternberg, 2016. "What makes student entrepreneurs? On the relevance (and irrelevance) of the university and the regional context for student start-ups," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 53-76, June.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:123:y:2017:i:c:p:271-282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maribel Guerrero & David Urbano & Alain Fayolle & Magnus Klofsten & Sarfraz Mian, 2016. "Entrepreneurial universities: emerging models in the new social and economic landscape," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 551-563, October.
- Erik E. Lehmann & Matthias Menter, 2016. "University–industry collaboration and regional wealth," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(6), pages 1284-1307, December.
- David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann & Stefano Paleari, 2015. "Academic policy and entrepreneurship: a European perspective," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 363-368, June.
- Maria Abreu & Pelin Demirel & Vadim Grinevich & Mine Karataş-Özkan, 2016. "Entrepreneurial practices in research-intensive and teaching-led universities," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 695-717, October.
- Stefano Paleari & Davide Donina & Michele Meoli, 2015. "The role of the university in twenty-first century European society," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 369-379, June.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:4:p:1064-:d:139410 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mario BENASSI & Matteo LANDONI & Francesco RENTOCCHINI, 2017. "University Management Practices and Academic Spin-offs," Departmental Working Papers 2017-11, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Christopher S. Hayter, 2016. "A trajectory of early-stage spinoff success: the role of knowledge intermediaries within an entrepreneurial university ecosystem," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 633-656, October.
- Ademar Schmitz & David Urbano & Gertrudes Aparecida Dandolini & João Artur Souza & Maribel Guerrero, 0. "Innovation and entrepreneurship in the academic setting: a systematic literature review," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-27.
- Mattia Cattaneo & Michele Meoli & Silvio Vismara, 2015. "Cross-border M&As of biotech firms affiliated with internationalized universities," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 409-433, June.
- Magdalena Meusburger & Alexander Josef Antonites, 2016. "Assessing Antecedents Of Entrepreneurial Activities Of Academics At South African Universities," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(06), pages 1-39, August.
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9516-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Larin, Alexander & Tarunina, Elena, 2015. "Entrepreneurial activity and economic development: The shape of the relationship," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 37(1), pages 3-26.
- José González-Pernía & Mario Parrilli & Iñaki Peña-Legazkue, 2015. "STI–DUI learning modes, firm–university collaboration and innovation," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 475-492, June.
- repec:rsr:supplm:v:65:y:2017:i:5:p:96-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qiantao Zhang & Niall G. MacKenzie & Dylan Jones-Evans & Robert Huggins, 2016. "Leveraging knowledge as a competitive asset? The intensity, performance and structure of universities’ entrepreneurial knowledge exchange activities at a regional level," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 657-675, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurial society; Entrepreneurial university; Knowledge filter; Technology transfer; N31; O30;
- N31 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jtecht:v:39:y:2014:i:3:p:313-321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.