International Real Estate Mutual Fund Performance: Diversification or Costly Information?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kallberg, Jarl G. & Liu, Crocker L. & Trzcinka, Charles, 2000.
"The Value Added from Investment Managers: An Examination of Funds of REITs,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 387-408, September.
- Jarl G. Kallberg & Crocker H. Liu & Charlese Trzcinka, 1999. "The Value Added from Investment Managers: an Examination of Funds of REITs," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-080, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Jagannathan, Ravi & Wang, Zhenyu, 1996.
" The Conditional CAPM and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 3-53, March.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Zhenyu Wang, 1996. "The conditional CAPM and the cross-section of expected returns," Staff Report 208, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Henriksson, Roy D & Merton, Robert C, 1981. "On Market Timing and Investment Performance. II. Statistical Procedures for Evaluating Forecasting Skills," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 513-533, October.
- Droms, William G & Walker, David A, 1994. "Investment Performance of International Mutual Funds," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 1-14, Spring.
- Engstrom, Stefan, 2003.
"Costly information, diversification and international mutual fund performance,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 463-482, September.
- Engström, Stefan, 2000. "Costly Information, Diversification, and International Mutual Fund Performance," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 385, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 30 Jan 2003.
- Polwitoon, Sirapat & Tawatnuntachai, Oranee, 2006. "Diversification benefits and persistence of US-based global bond funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2767-2786, October.
- David Ling & Andy Naranjo, 2006. "Dedicated REIT Mutual Fund Flows and REIT Performance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 409-433, June.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Rodriguez, Mauricio, 2004. "Risk and return characteristics of property indices in emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 131-159, June.
- Erik R. Sirri & Peter Tufano, 1998. "Costly Search and Mutual Fund Flows," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1589-1622, October.
- Crystal Yan Lin & Kenneth Yung, 2004. "Real Estate Mutual Funds: Performance and Persistence," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 26(1), pages 69-94.
- Ferson, Wayne E & Schadt, Rudi W, 1996. " Measuring Fund Strategy and Performance in Changing Economic Conditions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 425-461, June.
- Chang, Eric & Eun, Cheol S. & Kolodny, Richard, 1995. "International diversification through closed-end country funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1237-1263, October.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J & Rentzler, Joel C, 1987. "Professionally Managed, Publicly Traded Commodity Funds," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(2), pages 175-199, April.
- Henriksson, Roy D, 1984. "Market Timing and Mutual Fund Performance: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 73-96, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsDomestic real estate mutual funds; Fund performance; International real estate mutual funds; Market timing ability; Mutual fund flows; Stock selection ability; G11; G15;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:44:y:2012:i:3:p:394-413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.