Information, Search, and House Prices: Revisited
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Val E. Lambson & Grant R. McQueen & Barrett A. Slade, 2004. "Do Out-of-State Buyers Pay More for Real Estate? An Examination of Anchoring-Induced Bias and Search Costs," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(1), pages 85-126, March.
- Igal Hendel & Aviv Nevo & François Ortalo-Magné, 2009.
"The Relative Performance of Real Estate Marketing Platforms: MLS versus FSBOMadison.com,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1878-1898, December.
- Igal Hendel & Aviv Nevo & François Ortalo-Magné, 2007. "The Relative Performance of Real Estate Marketing Platforms: MLS versus FSBOMadison.com," NBER Working Papers 13360, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francois Ortalo-Magne & Aviv Nevo & Igal Hendel, 2007. "The Relative Performance of Real Estate Marketing Platforms: MLS versus FSBOMadison.com," 2007 Meeting Papers 89, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Abdullah Yavas & Peter F. Colwell, 1995. "A Comparison of Real Estate Marketing Systems: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(5), pages 583-600.
- Clapp, John M & Giaccotto, Carmelo, 1992. "Estimating Price Trends for Residential Property: A Comparison of Repeat Sales and Assessed Value Methods," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 357-374, December.
- Turnbull, Geoffrey K. & Sirmans, C. F., 1993. "Information, search, and house prices," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 545-557, September.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith & Mayock, Tom, 2009. "Price discrimination in the housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 125-140, September.
- John P. Harding & Stuart S. Rosenthal & C. F. Sirmans, 2003. "Estimating Bargaining Power in the Market for Existing Homes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 178-188, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Coughlin, Cletus C. & Crews, Jonas C., 2018. "National and Regional Housing Vacancy: Insights Using Markov-switching Models," Working Papers 2018-7, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Chun-Kei Tsang & Wing-Keung Wong & Ira Horowitz, 2016.
"Arbitrage opportunities, efficiency, and the role of risk preferences in the Hong Kong property market,"
Studies in Economics and Finance,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(4), pages 735-754, October.
- Tsang, Chun-Kei & Wong, Wing-Keung & Horowitz, Ira, 2016. "Arbitrage Opportunities, Efficiency, and the Role of Risk Preferences in the Hong Kong Property Market," MPRA Paper 74347, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tsang, Chun-Kei & Wong, Wing-Keung & Horowitz, Ira, 2016. "A stochastic-dominance approach to determining the optimal home-size purchase: The case of Hong Kong," MPRA Paper 69175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:jrefec:v:57:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11146-016-9582-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Yu Liu & Paul Gallimore & Jonathan Wiley, 2015. "Nonlocal Office Investors: Anchored by their Markets and Impaired by their Distance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 129-149, January.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing prices; Search; Information; Anchoring;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:44:y:2012:i:1:p:90-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.