Institutional-Grade Properties: Performance and Ownership
Quality commercial properties differ in operating performance not only on physical characteristics but in type of ownership, management, and control. For 1996?001 data on Atlanta apartments, a primary market for multiple types of investors, there is varying operating performance by ownership. Larger-scale owners and local property managers earn higher effective rents.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik & Jeremy C. Stein, 2005.
"Thy Neighbor's Portfolio: Word-of-Mouth Effects in the Holdings and Trades of Money Managers,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2801-2824, December.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik & Jeremy C. Stein, 2003. "Thy Neighbor's Portfolio: Word-of-Mouth Effects in the Holdings and Trades of Money Managers," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2006, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik & Jeremy C. Stein, 2003. "The Neighbor's Portfolio: Word-of-Mouth Effects in the Holdings and Trade of Money Managers," NBER Working Papers 9711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Chinloy & Eric Maribojoc, 1998. "Expense and Rent Strategies in Real Estate Management," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(3), pages 267-282.
- Val E. Lambson & Grant R. McQueen & Barrett A. Slade, 2004. "Do Out-of-State Buyers Pay More for Real Estate? An Examination of Anchoring-Induced Bias and Search Costs," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(1), pages 85-126, 03.
- Malpezzi, Stephen & Shilling, James D, 2000.
"Institutional Investors Tilt Their Real Estate Holdings toward Quality, Too,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 113-40, September.
- James D. Shilling & Stephen Malpezzi, 1996. "Institutional Investors Tilt Their Real Estate Holdings Toward Quality, Too," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 96-12, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- John D. Benjamin & G. Stacy Sirmans & Emily Norman Zietz, 1997. "Security Measures and the Apartment Market," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 14(3), pages 347-358.
- Graff, Richard A & Young, Michael S, 1996. "Real Estate Return Correlations: Real-World Limitations on Relationships Inferred from NCREIF Data," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 121-42, September.
- Jeffrey Fisher & Dean Gatzlaff & David Geltner & Donald Haurin, 2003. "Controlling for the Impact of Variable Liquidity in Commercial Real Estate Price Indices," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(2), pages 269-303, 06.
- John P. Harding & Stuart S. Rosenthal & C. F. Sirmans, 2003. "Estimating Bargaining Power in the Market for Existing Homes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 178-188, February.
- William G. Hardin, III & Marvin L. Wolverton, 1999. "Equity REIT Property Acquisitions: Do Apartment REITs Pay a Premium?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 17(1), pages 113-126.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:29:n:3:2007:p:219_240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.