Characterizing Managerial Skill and Technical Efficiency in a Fishery
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmidt, Peter & Lin, Tsai-Fen, 1984. "Simple tests of alternative specifications in stochastic frontier models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 349-361, March.
- Trond Bjørndal, 1989. "Production in a Schooling Fishery: The Case of the North Sea Herring Fishery," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(1), pages 49-56.
- Campbell, H. F., 1991. "Estimating the elasticity of substitution between restricted and unrestricted inputs in a regulated fishery: A probit approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 262-274, May.
- Waldman, Donald M., 1982. "A stationary point for the stochastic frontier likelihood," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 275-279, February.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Noetzel, Bruno G. & Norton, Virgil J., 1969. "Cost and Earnings in the Boston Large Trawler Fleet," Working Papers 232936, United States Bureau of Commercial Fisheries, Division of Economic Research.
- Kim, H Youn, 1992. "The Translog Production Function and Variable Returns to Scale," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 546-552, August.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1987. "Specification and Estimation of Nonseparable Two-Stage Technologies: The Leontief CES and the Cobb-Douglas CES," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 311-333, April.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Bjorndal, Trond, 1987. " Production Economics and Optimal Stock Size in a North Atlantic Fishery," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 145-164.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Squires, Dale, 1987. "Fishing effort: Its testing, specification, and internal structure in fisheries economics and management," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 268-282, September.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "A test for distributional assumptions for the stochastic frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 245-267, August.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alicia Gómez–Tello & Rosella Nicolini, 2017. "Immigration and productivity: a Spanish tale," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 167-183, April.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Stelios Katranidis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 1999. "Measuring Productive Efficiency of Seabass and Seabream Farms in Greece," Working Papers 9911, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Carmen Fernández & Eduardo Ley & Mark F. J. Steel, 2002.
"Bayesian modelling of catch in a north‐west Atlantic fishery,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 51(3), pages 257-280, July.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark Steel, 2001. "Bayesian Modelling of Catch in a Northwest Atlantic Fishery," Econometrics 0110003, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Nov 2001.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F J Steel, 2001. "Bayesian modelling of catch in a Northwest Atlantic Fishery," ESE Discussion Papers 67, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Pede, Valerien O. & McKinley, Justin & Singbo, Alphonse & Kajisa, Kei, 2015. "Spatial Dependency of Technical Efficiency in Rice Farming: The Case of Bohol, Philippines," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205456, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Álvarez, Antonio, 2001. "Some Issues on the Estimation of Technical Efficiency in Fisheries," Efficiency Series Papers 2001/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- James Innes & Sean Pascoe, 2008. "Productivity Impacts of Veil Nets on UK Crangon Vessels," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 574-588, September.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Pérez, Levi & Schmidt, Peter, 2003. "The Relative Importance of Luck and Technical Efficiency in a Fishery," Efficiency Series Papers 2003/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- repec:spr:masfgc:v:22:y:2017:i:8:d:10.1007_s11027-016-9719-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Young Bong Chang & Vijay Gurbaxani, 2013. "An Empirical Analysis of Technical Efficiency: The Role of IT Intensity and Competition," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 561-578, September.
- Shaikh M.S.U. Eskander & Edward B. Barbier & Benjamin Gilbert, 2018.
"Fishing and Nonfishing Income Decisions: The Role of Human Capital and Family Structure,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 94(1), pages 114-136.
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U. & Barbier, Edward B. & Gilbert, Ben, 2018. "Fishing and non-fishing income decisions: the role of human capital and family structure," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 74318, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lampe, Hannes W. & Hilgers, Dennis, 2015. "Trajectories of efficiency measurement: A bibliometric analysis of DEA and SFA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 1-21.
- Álvarez, Antonio, 2003. "Econometric Estimation of Fishing Production Functions when Stocks is Unknown: A Monte Carlo Analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2003/09, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
More about this item
KeywordsTechnical efficiency; managerial skill; and fisheries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:9:y:1998:i:2:p:145-160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.