What explains variation in voluntary disclosure? A study of the annual reports of corporations listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neu, D. & Warsame, H. & Pedwell, K., 1998. "Managing public impressions: environmental disclosures in annual reports," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 265-282, April.
- Ijiri, Yuji, 1983. "On the accountability-based conceptual framework of accounting," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 75-81.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- Marco Becht & Fabrizio Barca, 2001. "The control of corporate Europe," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13302, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 1983. "Discretionary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 179-194, April.
- Bernard Raffournier, 1995. "The determinants of voluntary financial disclosure by Swiss listed companies," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 261-280.
- Robert E. Verrecchia & Christian Leuz, 1999. "The Economic Consequences of Increased Disclosure," Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting 41, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- Emmanuel, Clive & Garrod, Neil, 2004. "Rules- versus judgement-based accounting disclosure in the UK," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 441-455.
- Denis Cormier & Michel Magnan & Barbara Van Velthoven, 2005. "Environmental disclosure quality in large German companies: Economic incentives, public pressures or institutional conditions?," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 3-39.
- Begoña Giner Inchausti, 1997. "The influence of company characteristics and accounting regulation on information disclosed by Spanish firms," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 45-68, May.
- Annalisa Prencipe, 2004. "Proprietary costs and determinants of voluntary segment disclosure: evidence from Italian listed companies," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 319-340.
- Madonna O’Sullivan & Majella Percy & Jenny Stewart, 2008. "Australian evidence on corporate governance attributes and their association with forward-looking information in the annual report," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 5-35, March.
- Eti Einhorn, 2005. "The Nature of the Interaction between Mandatory and Voluntary Disclosures," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 593-621, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jmgtgv:v:14:y:2010:i:4:p:351-377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.