Roles and responsibilities of boards of directors revisited in reconciling conflicting stakeholders interests while maintaining corporate responsibility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Avshalom Adam & Tal Shavit, 2008. "How Can a Ratings-based Method for Assessing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Provide an Incentive to Firms Excluded from Socially Responsible Investment Indices to Invest in CSR?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 899-905, November.
- Freeman, R. Edward, 1994. "The Politics of Stakeholder Theory: Some Future Directions," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(04), pages 409-421, October.
- Bryan W. Husted & José de Jesus Salazar, 2006. "Taking Friedman Seriously: Maximizing Profits and Social Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 75-91, January.
- Scherer, Andreas Georg & Palazzo, Guido & Baumann, Dorothée, 2006. "Global Rules and Private Actors: Toward a New Role of the Transnational Corporation in Global Governance," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 505-532, October.
- Hasnas, John, 1998. "The Normative Theories of Business Ethics: A Guide for the Perplexed," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 19-42, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Aminu Isa & Sabo Muhammad, 2015. "The Impact of Board Characteristics on Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure: Evidence from Nigerian Food Product Firms," International Journal of Management Science and Business Administration, Inovatus Services Ltd., vol. 1(12), pages 34-45, November.
- Berheci Maria GROSU, 2012. "The role of advisory committees in the system of the corporate governance. Case study on listed companies in Romania," Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara, Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara, vol. 0, pages 208-214, May.
- Maria-Gabriella Baldarelli & Sabrina Gigli, 2014. "Exploring the drivers of corporate reputation integrated with a corporate responsibility perspective: some reflections in theory and in praxis," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(2), pages 589-613, May.
- Bello Lawal, 2016. "Still on board configuration: SEC recommendations and the efficiency of adhering firms in Nigeria," Journal of Economic and Financial Studies (JEFS), LAR Center Press, vol. 4(2), pages 1-23, April.
More about this item
KeywordsStakeholders’ interests; Corporate Socially Responsibility (CSR); Risk management; Decision making; Long term investors; Short term investors;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jmgtgv:v:13:y:2009:i:4:p:281-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.