Measuring geographic segregation: a graph-based approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dorfman, Robert, 1979. "A Formula for the Gini Coefficient," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 146-149, February.
- Michael Poulsen, 2002. "Plural Cities and Ethnic Enclaves: Introducing a Measurement Procedure for Comparative Study," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 229-243, June.
- Hutchens, Robert M., 1991. "Segregation curves, Lorenz curves, and inequality in the distribution of people across occupations," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 31-51, February.
- Ron Johnston & Michael Poulsen & James Forrest, 2011.
"Evaluating Changing Residential Segregation In Auckland, New Zealand, Using Spatial Statistics,"
Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie,
Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 102(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Ron Johnston & Michael Poulsen & James Forrest, 2009. "Evaluating Changing Residential Segregation in Auckland, New Zealand, Using Spatial Statistics," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 09/214, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Sean Reardon & Stephen Matthews & David O’Sullivan & Barrett Lee & Glenn Firebaugh & Chad Farrell & Kendra Bischoff, 2008. "The geographic scale of Metropolitan racial segregation," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 45(3), pages 489-514, August.
- Rebecca Allen & Simon Burgess & Frank Windmeijer, 2009. "More Reliable Inference for Segregation Indices," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 09/216, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
More about this item
KeywordsSegregation measures; Residential segregation; Segregation profiles; Concentration profile; Spatial proximity profile; C4; C43; J15;
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jgeosy:v:16:y:2014:i:2:p:211-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .