Neural networks for regional employment forecasts: are the parameters relevant?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp & Norbert Schanne, 2009. "Neural Networks for Regional Employment Forecasts: Are the Parameters Relevant?," Working Paper series 07_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Feb 2010.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gorr, Wilpen L. & Nagin, Daniel & Szczypula, Janusz, 1994. "Comparative study of artificial neural network and statistical models for predicting student grade point averages," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 17-34, June.
- Suahasil Nazara & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2004. "Spatial Structure and Taxonomy of Decomposition in Shift-Share Analysis," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 476-490.
- Roberto Patuelli & Daniel A. Griffith & Michael Tiefelsdorf & Peter Nijkamp, 2009.
"Spatial Filtering and Eigenvector Stability: Space-Time Models for German Unemployment Data,"
Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano
0902, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Roberto Patuelli & Daniel A. Griffith & Michael Tiefelsdorf & Peter Nijkamp, 2009. "Spatial Filtering and Eigenvector Stability: Space-Time Models for German Unemployment Data," Working Paper series 02_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised May 2010.
- Roberto Patuelli & Simonetta Longhi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2008.
"Neural networks and genetic algorithms as forecasting tools: a case study on German regions,"
Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(4), pages 701-722, July.
- Roberto Patuelli & Simonetta Longhi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2005. "Forecasting Regional Employment in Germany by Means of Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms," Computational Economics 0511002, EconWPA.
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp & Uwe Blien, 2006.
"New Neural Network Methods for Forecasting Regional Employment: an Analysis of German Labour Markets,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 7-30.
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp & Uwe Blien, 2006. "New Neural Network Methods for Forecasting Regional Employment: An Analysis of German Labour Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-020/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Aura Reggiani & Roberto Patuelli & Peter Nijkamp, 2006.
"The development of Regional employment in Germany: Results from Neural Network Experiments,"
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2006(3).
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, "undated". "The Development of Regional Employment in Germany: Results from Neural Network Experiments," Regional and Urban Modeling 283600069, EcoMod.
- Zhang, Guoqiang & Eddy Patuwo, B. & Y. Hu, Michael, 1998. "Forecasting with artificial neural networks:: The state of the art," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 35-62, March.
- Kuan, Chung-Ming & Liu, Tung, 1995. "Forecasting Exchange Rates Using Feedforward and Recurrent Neural Networks," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 347-364, Oct.-Dec..
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20060020 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jgeosy:v:19:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10109-017-0259-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNeural networks; Sensitivity analysis; Employment forecasts; Local labour markets; C45; E27; R23;
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jgeosy:v:13:y:2011:i:1:p:67-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .