Neural Networks for Regional Employment Forecasts: Are the Parameters Relevant?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp & Norbert Schanne, 2011. "Neural networks for regional employment forecasts: are the parameters relevant?," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 67-85, March.
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp & Norbert Schanne, 2009. "Neural Networks for Cross-Sectional Employment Forecasts: A Comparison of Model Specifications for Germany," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 0903, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Patuelli, R. & Reggiani, A. & Nijkamp, P. & Schanne, N., 2009. "Neural networks for cross-sectional employment forecasts: a comparison of model specifications for germany," Serie Research Memoranda 0014, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gorr, Wilpen L. & Nagin, Daniel & Szczypula, Janusz, 1994. "Comparative study of artificial neural network and statistical models for predicting student grade point averages," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 17-34, June.
- Suahasil Nazara & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2004. "Spatial Structure and Taxonomy of Decomposition in Shift‐Share Analysis," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 476-490, September.
- Roberto Patuelli & Daniel A. Griffith & Michael Tiefelsdorf & Peter Nijkamp, 2009.
"Spatial Filtering and Eigenvector Stability: Space-Time Models for German Unemployment Data,"
Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano
0902, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Roberto Patuelli & Daniel A. Griffith & Michael Tiefelsdorf & Peter Nijkamp, 2009. "Spatial Filtering and Eigenvector Stability: Space-Time Models for German Unemployment Data," Working Paper series 02_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised May 2010.
- Roberto Patuelli & Simonetta Longhi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2008.
"Neural networks and genetic algorithms as forecasting tools: a case study on German regions,"
Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(4), pages 701-722, July.
- Roberto Patuelli & Simonetta Longhi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2005. "Forecasting Regional Employment in Germany by Means of Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms," Computational Economics 0511002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp & Uwe Blien, 2006.
"New Neural Network Methods for Forecasting Regional Employment: an Analysis of German Labour Markets,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 7-30.
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp & Uwe Blien, 2006. "New Neural Network Methods for Forecasting Regional Employment: An Analysis of German Labour Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-020/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Aura Reggiani & Roberto Patuelli & Peter Nijkamp, 2006.
"The development of Regional employment in Germany: Results from Neural Network Experiments,"
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2006(3).
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, "undated". "The Development of Regional Employment in Germany: Results from Neural Network Experiments," Regional and Urban Modeling 283600069, EcoMod.
- Zhang, Guoqiang & Eddy Patuwo, B. & Y. Hu, Michael, 1998. "Forecasting with artificial neural networks:: The state of the art," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 35-62, March.
- Kuan, Chung-Ming & Liu, Tung, 1995. "Forecasting Exchange Rates Using Feedforward and Recurrent Neural Networks," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 347-364, Oct.-Dec..
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20060020 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Esteban Fernández-Vázquez & Blanca Moreno, 2017. "Entropy Econometrics for combining regional economic forecasts: A Data-Weighted Prior Estimator," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 349-370, October.
More about this item
Keywordsneural networks; sensitivity analysis; employment forecasts; local labour markets;
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:07_09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco Savioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcfeait.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.