Diversification, Fee Income, and Credit Union Risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eisenbeis, Robert A & Harris, Robert S & Lakonishok, Josef, 1984. " Benefits of Bank Diversification: The Evidence from Shareholder Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 881-892, July.
- Apilado, Vincent P. & Gallo, John G. & Lockwood, Larry J., 1993. "Expanded securities underwriting: Implications for bank risk and return," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 143-158, May.
- Stulz, ReneM., 1990. "Managerial discretion and optimal financing policies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 3-27, July.
- Mandelker, Gershon N. & Rhee, S. Ghon, 1984. "The Impact of the Degrees of Operating and Financial Leverage on Systematic Risk of Common Stock," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 45-57, March.
- Marianne Gizycki & Brenton Goldsworthy, 1999. "Australian Banking Risk: The Stock Market’s Assessment and the Relationship Between Capital and Asset Volatility," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp1999-09, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- DeYoung, Robert & Roland, Karin P., 2001. "Product Mix and Earnings Volatility at Commercial Banks: Evidence from a Degree of Total Leverage Model," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 54-84, January.
- Dennis, Steven A. & Jeffrey, Andrew, 2002. "Structural changes in Australian bank risk," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Sharpe, Ian G & Tuzun, Tayfun, 1998. "Standby Letters of Credit and Bank Default Risk," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 152-168, June.
- Brewer, Elijah III, 1989. "Relationship between bank holding company risk and nonbank activity," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 337-353, November.
- Boot, Arnoud W. A. & Thakor, Anjan V., 1991. "Off-balance sheet liabilities, deposit insurance and capital regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 825-846, September.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Karels, Gordon V. & Peterson, Manfred O., 1994. "Deposit insurance, market discipline and off-balance sheet banking risk of large U.S. commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 575-593, May.
- Lord, Richard A, 1998. "Properties of Time-Series Estimates of Degree of Leverage Measures," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(2), pages 69-83, May.
- Harper, Ian R & Scheit, T, 1992. "The Effects of Financial Market Deregulation on Bank Risk and Profitability," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(59), pages 260-271, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Yang, Shih-Jui & Chang, Chi-Hung, 2014. "Non-interest income, profitability, and risk in banking industry: A cross-country analysis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 48-67.
- van Rijn, Jordan, 2018. "The Effect of Membership Expansion on Credit Union Risk and Returns," Staff Paper Series 588, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- David Ely, 2014. "Credit unions and risk," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 80-111, August.
- Busch, Ramona & Kick, Thomas, 2009. "Income diversification in the German banking industry," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,09, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Barry Williams & Laurie Prather, 2010. "Bank risk and return: the impact of bank non-interest income," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(3), pages 220-244, June.
- Goenner, Cullen F, 2016. "The policy impact of new rules for loan participation on credit union returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 198-210.
- Robert Tokle & Joanne Tokle, 2010. "Credit Union Growth in Mid-sized Markets," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 41(1), pages 45-56.
- Valadkhani, Abbas & Worthington, Andrew, 2014. "Asymmetric behavior of Australia's Big-4 banks in the mortgage market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 57-66.
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:50:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11156-017-0660-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Li & Zhang, Yu, 2013. "Are there diversification benefits of increasing noninterest income in the Chinese banking industry?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 151-165.
- repec:eee:finana:v:57:y:2018:i:c:p:23-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finsta:v:30:y:2017:i:c:p:92-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:advacc:v:35:y:2016:i:c:p:197-206 is not listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Barry, 2016. "The impact of non-interest income on bank risk in Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 16-37.
- Goddard, John & McKillop, Donal & Wilson, John O.S., 2008. "The diversification and financial performance of US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1836-1849, September.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit unions; fees; risk; diversification;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:27:y:2005:i:3:p:259-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.