Expanded securities underwriting: Implications for bank risk and return
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cyree, Ken B., 2000. "The erosion of the Glass-Steagall Act:: Winners and losers in the banking industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 343-363.
- Gilbert, Erika W. & Scott, William L., 2001. "The Financial Modernization Act: new perspectives for the finance curriculum," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-4), pages 197-208.
- Ghosh, Chinmoy & Petrova, Milena, 2013. "Does deregulation induce competition in the market for corporate control? The special case of banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5220-5235.
- Melissa B. Frye, 2001. "The Performance Of Bank-Managed Mutual Funds," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 24(3), pages 419-442, September.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Kane, Edward J., 2002.
"Event-study evidence of the value of relaxing long-standing regulatory restraints on banks, 1970-2000,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 439-463.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane, 2001. "Event-Study Evidence of the Value of Relaxing Longstanding Regulatory Restraints on Banks, 1970-2000," NBER Working Papers 8594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon H. Kwan & Elizabeth S. Laderman, 1999. "On the portfolio effects of financial convergence - a review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 18-31.
- Neale Faith R. & Drake Pamela Peterson & Clark Steven P., 2010. "Diversification in the Financial Services Industry: The Effect of the Financial Modernization Act," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Bhargava, Rahul & Fraser, Donald R., 1998. "On the wealth and risk effects of commercial bank expansion into securities underwriting: An analysis of Section 20 subsidiaries1," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 447-465, May.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & Jeff Madura, 2004. "Bank acquisitions of security firms: the early evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 485-496.
- Gallo, John G. & Apilado, Vincent P. & Kolari, James W., 1996. "Commercial bank mutual fund activities: Implications for bank risk and profitability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1775-1791, December.
- Neil Esho & Paul Kofman & Ian Sharpe, 2005. "Diversification, Fee Income, and Credit Union Risk," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 259-281, September.
- Neale, Faith R. & Peterson, Pamela P., 2005. "The effect of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act on the insurance industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 317-338.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:45:y:1993:i:2:p:143-158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.