A Review of the Literature on the Social and Economic Determinants of Parental Time
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Hallberg & Anders Klevmarken, 2003.
"Time for children: A study of parent's time allocation,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 205-226, 05.
- Hallberg, Daniel & Klevmarken, Anders, 2001. "Time for Children, a Study of Parents’ Time Allocation," Working Paper Series 2001:21, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Enilda Delgado & Maria Canabal, 2006. "Factors Associated with Negative Spillover from Job to Home Among Latinos in the United States," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 92-112, April.
- Connelly, Rachel & Kimmel, Jean, 2007. "The Role of Nonstandard Work Hours in Maternal Caregiving for Young Children," IZA Discussion Papers 3093, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Bittman, 1999. "Parenthood Without Penalty: Time Use And Public Policy In Australia And Finland," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 27-42.
- Ted Bergstrom, 1995.
"A Survey of Theories of the Family,"
_027, University of Michigan, Department of Economics.
- Kalenkoski, Charlene M. & Ribar, David C. & Stratton, Leslie S., 2006.
"The Effect of Family Structure on Parents' Child Care Time in the United States and the United Kingdom,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2441, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Charlene Kalenkoski & David Ribar & Leslie Stratton, 2007. "The effect of family structure on parents’ child care time in the United States and the United Kingdom," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 353-384, December.
- Cara B. Fedick & Shelley Pacholok & Anne H. Gauthier, 2005. "Methodological issues in the estimation of parental time – Analysis of measures in a Canadian time-use survey," electronic International Journal of Time Use Research, Research Institute on Professions (Forschungsinstitut Freie Berufe (FFB)) and The International Association for Time Use Research (IATUR), vol. 2(1), pages 67-87, October.
- Nancy Folbre & Jayoung Yoon, 2007. "What is child care? Lessons from time-use surveys of major English-speaking countries," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 223-248, September.
- Lonnie Golden, 2008. "Limited Access: Disparities in Flexible Work Schedules and Work-at-home," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 86-109, March.
- Evelyn Lehrer & Seiichi Kawasaki, 1985. "Child care arrangements and fertility: An analysis of two-earner households," Demography, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 499-513, November.
- Robert Drago, 2001. "Time on the Job and Time with Their Kids: Cultures of Teaching and Parenthood in the US," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 1-31.
- Lyn Craig, 2007. "How Employed Mothers in Australia Find Time for Both Market Work and Childcare," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 69-87, March.
- Benoît Rapoport & Céline Bourdais, 2008. "Parental time and working schedules," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 903-932, October.
- Miller, Paul & Mulvey, Charles, 2000. "Women's Time Allocation to Child Care: Determinants and Consequences," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 1-24, March.
- C. Russell Hill & Frank P. Stafford, 1980. "Parental Care of Children: Time Diary Estimates of Quantity, Predictability, and Variety," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 15(2), pages 219-239.
- Nancy Folbre & Jayoung Yoon & Kade Finnoff & Allison Sidle Fuligni, 2004. "By What Measure? Family Time Devoted to Children in the U.S," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2004-06, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Charlene Kalenkoski & Gigi Foster, 2008. "The quality of time spent with children in Australian households," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 243-266, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:29:y:2008:i:4:p:634-653. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.