Dynamic effects of an anticipated switch from destination- to origin-based commodity taxation
This paper investigates the macroeconomic and welfare effects of an anticipated future switch from destination- to origin-based commodity taxation. We set up an intertemporal representative agent model of an open economy and study especially consumption, investment and trade balance responses to the commodity tax reform. The anticipation effects on the macroeconomy are significant, whereas their welfare implications are not.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 66 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fehr, Hans, 1996.
"From destination- to origin-based consumption taxation: A dynamic CGE analysis,"
74, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Hans Fehr, 2000. "From Destination- to Origin-Based Consumption Taxation: A Dynamic CGE Analysis," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 43-61, February.
- David Bradford, .
"Consumption Taxes: Some Fundamental Transition Issues,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
95-15, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- David F. Bradford, 1995. "Consumption Taxes: Some Fundamental Transition Issues," NBER Working Papers 5290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howitt, Peter & Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1989.
"Gradual Reforms of Capital Income Taxation,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19370, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1990.
"Tax Harmonization and Tax Competition in Europe,"
NBER Working Papers
3248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nielsen, Soren Bo, 1991.
"Current-account effects of a devaluation in an optimizing model with capital accumulation,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 569-588, July.
- Søren Bo Nielsen, 1989. "Current Account Effects of a Devaluation in an Optimizing Model with Capital Accumulation," Discussion Papers 89-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Huizinga, H.P. & Nielsen, S.B., 1997.
"Capital income and profit taxation with foreign ownership of firms,"
Other publications TiSEM
b4f6a916-7f7f-4fe1-9cf0-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Huizinga, Harry & Nielsen, Soren Bo, 1997. "Capital income and profit taxation with foreign ownership of firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 149-165, February.
- Huizinga, H.P. & Nielsen, S.B., 1995. "Capital income and profits taxation with foreign ownership of firms," Discussion Paper 1995-82, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Huizinga, H. & Nielsen, S.B., 1995. "Capital Income and Profits Taxation with Foreign Ownership of Firms," Papers 9582, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Harry Huizinga & Soeren Bo Nielsen, . "Capital Income and Profits Taxation with Foreign Ownerwhip of Firms," EPRU Working Paper Series 95-09, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Genser, Bernd & Schulze, Günther G., 1995. "Transfer pricing under an origin based VAT system," Discussion Papers, Series II 271, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Lockwood, Ben & Meza, David & de Myles, Gareth D, 1994. " The Equivalence between Destination and Non-reciprocal Restricted Origin Tax Regimes," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(3), pages 311-28.
- Bernd Genser & Andreas Haufler & Peter Birch Soerensen, . "Indirect Taxation in an Integrated Europe. Is there a Way of Avoiding Trade Distortions Without Sacrificing National Tax Autonomy?," EPRU Working Paper Series 93-02, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- A. Bovenberg, 1994. "Destination- and origin-based taxation under international capital mobility," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 247-273, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:66:y:1997:i:1:p:43-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.