Dynamic Effects of an Anticipated Switch from Destination- to Origin-Based Commodity Taxation
This paper investigates the macroeconomic and welfare effects of an anticipated future switch from destination- to origin-based commodity taxation. We set up an intertemporal representative agent model of an open economy and study especially consumption, investment and trade balance responses to the commodity tax reform. The anticipation effects on the macroeconomy are significant, whereas their welfare implications are not.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark|
Phone: (+45) 3532 4411
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk/epru/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1990.
"Tax harmonization and tax competition in Europe,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19846, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Harry Huizinga & Soeren Bo Nielsen, "undated".
"Capital Income and Profits Taxation with Foreign Ownerwhip of Firms,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
95-09, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Huizinga, Harry & Nielsen, Soren Bo, 1997. "Capital income and profit taxation with foreign ownership of firms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 149-165, February.
- Huizinga, H. & Nielsen, S.B., 1995. "Capital Income and Profits Taxation with Foreign Ownership of Firms," Papers 9582, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Huizinga, H.P. & Nielsen, S.B., 1997. "Capital income and profit taxation with foreign ownership of firms," Other publications TiSEM b4f6a916-7f7f-4fe1-9cf0-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Huizinga, H.P. & Nielsen, S.B., 1995. "Capital income and profits taxation with foreign ownership of firms," Discussion Paper 1995-82, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Genser, Bernd & Schulze, Günther G., 1995. "Transfer pricing under an origin based VAT system," Discussion Papers, Series II 271, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- David Bradford, "undated".
"Consumption Taxes: Some Fundamental Transition Issues,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
95-15, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- David F. Bradford, 1995. "Consumption Taxes: Some Fundamental Transition Issues," NBER Working Papers 5290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lockwood, Ben & Meza, David & de Myles, Gareth D, 1994. " The Equivalence between Destination and Non-reciprocal Restricted Origin Tax Regimes," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(3), pages 311-328.
- Bernd Genser & Andreas Haufler & Peter Birch Soerensen, "undated". "Indirect Taxation in an Integrated Europe. Is there a Way of Avoiding Trade Distortions Without Sacrificing National Tax Autonomy?," EPRU Working Paper Series 93-02, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Hans Fehr, 2000.
"From Destination- to Origin-Based Consumption Taxation: A Dynamic CGE Analysis,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(1), pages 43-61, February.
- Fehr, Hans, 1996. "From destination- to origin-based consumption taxation: A dynamic CGE analysis," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 74, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Nielsen, Soren Bo, 1991.
"Current-account effects of a devaluation in an optimizing model with capital accumulation,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 569-588, July.
- Søren Bo Nielsen, 1989. "Current Account Effects of a Devaluation in an Optimizing Model with Capital Accumulation," Discussion Papers 89-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Howitt, Peter & Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1989.
"Gradual Reforms of Capital Income Taxation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 106-124, March.
- A. Bovenberg, 1994. "Destination- and origin-based taxation under international capital mobility," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 1(3), pages 247-273, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:epruwp:96-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.