Land Artists and Art Markets
This paper focuses on the relations of land artists to the art market.As landworks are by their very nature site specific, what is sold is mostoften the documentation of the project. This paper examines whether there isa market for Land Art and if so, whether it shares the same characteristicsas markets for Minimal and Conceptual Art, which started at about the sametime. Data collected on auctions over the period 1972–1992, show thatthis market is very thin. This was probably realized by Land artists wholater seem to have turned to more marketable creations. Copyright Kluwer Academic Publishers 1997
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ginsburgh, V. & Jeanfils, P., .
"Long-term comovements in international markets for paintings,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1147, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ginsburgh, Victor & Jeanfils, Philippe, 1995. "Long-term comovements in international markets for paintings," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 538-548, April.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Philippe Jeanfils, 1995. "Long-term comovements in international markets for paintings," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1717, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Olivier Chanel & Louis-André Gérard-Varlet & Victor Ginsburgh, 1996.
"The relevance of hedonic price indices: the case of paintings,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/1715, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chanel, O. & Gerard, L.A. & Ginsburgh, V., 1992. "The Relevence of Hedonic Price Indices the Case of Paintings," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 92a19, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:21:y:1997:i:3:p:219-228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.